2 amp sound

i use one amp and one cab ultra res from own hammer and nothing i can create can match that . just my 2 cents

I like to use 2 for my main clean sound, I don't pan them but run them both through a mixer block so I can blend them to get things just right. Currently one of the Mesa models for the main body of the sound and one of the Marshal ones for adding a little punch and grit. I like clean tone that breaks up just a little when I dig in rather than something completely clean.

I believe Tosin Abasi uses two for his hi gain sounds, certainly seems to work well for him.

Another popular trick is to use a crossover and use different amps and cabs for different parts of the frequency spectrum. I read somewhere that Adam Jones from Tool does this with a Diezel for the low end and a Plexi for the mids and highs.

I guess its taste. Of course its more saturated but i feel you kinda lose that organic sound. I noticed it disappears with two amps but if you like it then you like it.

It doesn't lose it if you adjust the amp levels to the sweet spot. If you run both at the same level, they end up fighting for space. If you pick one for the dominant tone and slowly raise the level on the second amp, it will start to fill in where the first amp/cab chain is lacking. Then you can start playing around with the second model type. The FriedmaHBE (primary) and Triptik Ch2 (secondary) play very well together.

It doesn't lose it if you adjust the amp levels to the sweet spot. If you run both at the same level, they end up fighting for space. If you pick one for the dominant tone and slowly raise the level on the second amp, it will start to fill in where the first amp/cab chain is lacking. Then you can start playing around with the second model type. The FriedmaHBE (primary) and Triptik Ch2 (secondary) play very well together.
yeah i tried that. maybe I'm just using the wrong amps . ill give those a go . thanx

Back
Top Bottom