1st gig with the FC6

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
Been rehearsing with it and getting it set up how I want. Had 1st gig with it this past Saturday. Things I missed only having 6 buttons from the MFC101, which had 21, were as follows.

• Banking up and down quickly(the 1+2 and 3+4 jacks really need to be assignable for this function.) Long pressing worked, but it was not as quick for live use.
  • Since I use patches and not scenes, I need 6 at a glance for my purposes. Long holding for effects was not ideal for my needs.
  • Screens and character size were legible, but larger would be ideal IMO.
  • I've been vocal about my need for a global preset for leads. I miss this and the MFC101 had this.
Other than that it worked flawlessly. I have been on the list for a FC12 for about 6 months now and will get that as soon as they come available. This will probably solve my issues...hopefully soon :-(. The FC6 is powerful and having easy Faslink II again is a Godsend. I do wish Fractal made something like the RJM Mastermind GT16 or GT22 that had larger screens and more buttons AND used Faslink II. I'd go RJM but I truly don't want to program a pedal like that. Fractal's FC's with Axe Fx III's are like PB&J's....they just work together easy and well.

Back
Top Bottom