1987x Treble issue in 5.1

This thread got me screwing around with the 1987 again.

I engaged the bright cap. With the default setting wasn't getting quite the kerrang I was looking for. Set it to 600pf, and there for my guitar was the sweet spot.

Between the plexi models and the JCM 800 model, I have done the unthinkable. I have put my electra dyne up for sale. Killer amp, but I want a real plexi in my room. That or a real 2204. Why do I need one one might ask? I just love having cool gear. And for all these years I thought I was a gibson man only to find I am a strat man and went with two Suhr strats. Was a mesa guy though and through till I picked up an ultra and found I spent all my time on the marshall presets

It is kick ass being able to mod these amps on the fly

Last edited:
I was a Strat/ Tele only guy for 30 years and now I'm almost exclusively playing my Tokai Les Paul since I bought it last August. Changes...

This thread got me screwing around with the 1987 again.

I engaged the bright cap. With the default setting wasn't getting quite the kerrang I was looking for. Set it to 600pf, and there for my guitar was the sweet spot.

Between the plexi models and the JCM 800 model, I have done the unthinkable. I have put my electra dyne up for sale. Killer amp, but I want a real plexi in my room. That or a real 2204. Why do I need one one might ask? I just love having cool gear. And for all these years I thought I was a gibson man only to find I am a strat man and went with two Suhr strats. Was a mesa guy though and through till I picked up an ultra and found I spent all my time on the marshall presets

It is kick ass being able to mod these amps on the fly
:D Oh, the fun you could have!
If a JCM800, why not the 2203 over the 2204? I found the 2203 to have just a bit more.. something. But, like all early Marshalls, they demand some volume to get cooking. If you go anything else Marshall, I would highly suggest the Metro Amp forum. Mark (Rockstah) is one of many brilliant minds/hands over there; he can provide nearly any Marshall sound you want, some even at low(er) volume (at a price, of course). By building your own, especially with a simpler design like that, you know your amp inside and out. The support from fellow builders/players over there is staggering IMO, so even if you get the slightest bit lost, someone should be able to help. Just be careful to not get too lost, lol.

A 2203!!! Jeebus, the 2204 is ridiculously loud as it is...
Hehehe!!!
The 2203 definitely gets its own room :D Plus, I love having something to torture drummers that love to hit their snare while setting up (scaring the crap out of me every damn time.. making me drop stuff, spill drinks..;) )

Back
Top Bottom