1959 blond strat near me

I'd love to know what they gave for it. (I'm thinking 50.)
My bet (aka zero actual knowledge) is that they bought it "wholesale", not as a person-to-shop deal. They always have some pretty noticable pieces, doubt they all just walk in the door.

I wonder how long they'll have to sit on it before it sells. Not everybody's in the market for a piece like that, even if they wish they were.

Interesting in their description, it's clearly clean - but not half as clean as the narrative is they've created (cigarette burn for example).

Also, if I was in the market for such a guitar, I'd be taking a very close look at that solder - which somehow doesn't look quite right to me.

That said, I've never, ever understood the pricing of custom colour Fenders - it's only a lick of paint at the end of the day, and I know people who have lost massive amount of money because the custom colour they bought - suddenly went out of fashion

$100K is out of wack but it does look very good. I would have said about $70 and I bet that's what it ends up going for.

This is a great shot of the bridge;
ES22360-4_1800x1800.jpg.jpeg
Fender Custom shop.
tempImageV1VqVl.jpg
Best repro;
IMG_3087.jpeg
Note the Fender CS is missing all the tooling marks on the saddles and the baseplate is polished smooth along the edges.
This particular repro is no longer made and reliced can't really be identified as not original.
At a $100k these details and provenance are super important.

Back
Top Bottom