Bug? 15.06 - Expression pedal reverse polarity [NOT A BUG]

Poparad

Power User
I just finally upgraded to 15.06 (from the last public one... 15.03 I think? 15.05?), and now my expression pedal's polarity is reversed, but only when plugged into the pedal jack on the Axe. Using the MFC, all of my expression pedals are still normal, an using my other floorboard (BJ Devices 5-button), the pedal is still correct. Just the onboard jack. I'm using a Roland EV-7, and have never had this issue before. The Roland doesn't have an option to reverse the polarity in it. I tried resetting the calibration for the pedal, but it still does the same. For my volume block, heel down is 100% and toe down is off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you sure the expression pedal curve for the controller on the volume block isn't reversed?

Are you sure the expression pedal curve for the controller on the volume block isn't reversed?

Yeah, I checked it to see if anything was up with the modifier, but it looks the same (sloping upwards to the right). I use the same type of EV-7s with my MFC and the same patches work fine. Same with my other board, which I use a Yamaha (which has reversed polarity to match the board's reversed jack).

So I just tried it again and it's back to working fine. Weird. I was on a gig this past weekend and for the life of me, couldn't get the pedal to correct itself. Now it's working fine.

Between the time when it was working and then not working, did you unplug and re-plug in the expression pedal? Could it be a bad cable? Plug not in far enough?

Between the time when it was working and then not working, did you unplug and re-plug in the expression pedal? Could it be a bad cable? Plug not in far enough?

I did have to reseat the plug tonight. I use a Vafam patch bay, and the plug for the pedal is close to the power cable line, and with everything crammed into my rack case, sometimes the power cable unplugs the pedal. However, I tried to replug the cable on the gig, and it didn't fix it then. I might not have had it in all the way, causing something to get crossed. I've been having issues lately with the 1/4" cables from my patch bay not seating completely into the inputs, causing loud groundloop hum. The cables have Neutrik plugs on the end.

Back
Top Bottom