Implemented --

Cliff recently said this, and similar things before:

Just tune down 1/2 step. The better the pitch shifting, the more the latency. It's a perceptual process. There is no mathematically perfect way to do it. Also, when you pitch shift, the sound coming from the speakers doesn't reinforce the strings (since it's at a different frequency) so you don't get sustain and feedback harmonics.

Maybe it can be improved slightly, but I don’t think the Drop or any other pedal sounds good for full guitar detune. I don’t even like dedicated octave down pedals. They just don’t sound good.

I’ve had the II, ax8 and now the III, I find it’s already improved a fair bit

I don’t notice a huge difference between my DT and whammy Ricochete, so where I’ve listed the pedals for sale. Neither sound all that perfect, and while the III certainly isn’t either, it’s close enough I don’t think I could tell them apart.

I find a down tuned guitar certainly sounds better with zero artifacts, latency etc.

I’ve had the II, ax8 and now the III, I find it’s already improved a fair bit

I don’t notice a huge difference between my DT and whammy Ricochete, so where I’ve listed the pedals for sale. Neither sound all that perfect, and while the III certainly isn’t either, it’s close enough I don’t think I could tell them apart.

I find a down tuned guitar certainly sounds better with zero artifacts, latency etc.

You mean a physically downtuned guitar? Or the 1/2 step downtuned patch?

You mean a physically downtuned guitar? Or the 1/2 step downtuned patch?

Real downtuned guitar

Everything I’ve owned by Digitech, Eventide pitch factor, etc always feels/sounds like an effect. I don’t think it’s ever going to be possible to get away from a little lag, some synthetic tones etc.

Honestly, these days I actually like the poorer tracking performance of earlier units, like the mono mode on the whammy vs the poly chords mode. I kind of like that classic glitchy nature of the effect, becasue it sounds like an effect, where the poly mode is more natural but not natural enough, if you know what I mean ?

Back
Top Bottom