137 done...

Status
Not open for further replies.

parlopower

Inspired
I never took the time to try out every single amp in the Axe Fx II. I thought recently I might be missing out on some great tones that way. So I started to create a patch for every single amp in the Axe.

The patches are all constructed in the same way:
- Noise Gate
- Amp: Starting from 5F1 on preset 000 all the way through in alphabetical order to Wrecker Rocket in preset 242
- Cab: Tried to always use one of the "recommended for that amp" list from Axe Wiki and keep the amp-cab combo as authentic as possible
- Reverb: Medium Room so that the sound is not too dry

I have the first 137 presets done, until Jazz 120. Once they are all done I will export them as banks and upload it here for anybody who will find such a thing useful.

One thing that I find really funny is how I tended to try to dial all the amps in to the same few sounds - I found myself not really working to get the broadest variety of tones but soon started to go for a few preferred sounds, e.g all Plexi type amps or Hot Rod Marshalls or Fender cleans, I tried to make them sound pretty much the same, the way I thought such a tone should be. Depending on how close I came to the ideal in my head, I liked the amps more or less. Interesting way to find out one's own tone preferences and favourite amps.

I'm glad I will have the room for the presets. :)

This will be really helpful so I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to do this.

Cool exercise. I'm fairly certain someone already did this for Quantum 1. I have a zip file on my computer with amp presets that I'll get to once I work my way through the Fremen presets. Maybe. Like you, I tend to go for the same relatively small subset of tones so it's highly likely I'll find everything I need without going through every single amp.
-
Austin

Sounds awesome, I'll be looking forward to it, and I'm sure it will help tons of users find some favorite, and likely overlooked, amp models

Interesting you are doing this.
I was just thinking to myself, when I pull up a new amp to try, I end up trying to make them sound the way I want! So I miss out in one way a totally different sound. But in another way, I go off in a whole new direction.
Cheers
B

I'd like to leave a donation for your hard work if you can leave a link to paypal etc?

Really looking forward to trying these!!!

It's done!!!

I will open a new thread with the files and a bit of background info.

Casperoff, I will also cover the subject of donations there... ;-)

Now all ya gotta do is go thru & make all the different combinations of amps & cabs ;)

(I like to a lot of times to mix two amps & cabs. It works fantastic to thicken up and really fine tune tone(s).)

Now all ya gotta do is go thru & make all the different combinations of amps & cabs ;)

(I like to a lot of times to mix two amps & cabs. It works fantastic to thicken up and really fine tune tone(s).)

Well, that's only 242 amps with 132 cabs. Anybody knows the maths how to calculate that, given there are two blocks for each but excluding doubles with reversed order? Anyway, now implement all the different mic options, and my grandchildren will still work on this! :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom