12" x 24" pedalboard ideas

Trailer trash flat pedal board makes a 12x24 flat board. It's not too expensive. I use to have it for my mfc and misson expression pedal.

I posted this over in the Fractal Audio for Worship Guitarists group on Facebook yesterday, but I will share it here as well.......

"OK fellow Fractal AX8 users.....I had to break down and order a larger board for my new rig overall and decided to go with a Flat Trash board, riser and ATA from Trailer Trash. In doing so, I learned a little insider something from them. They are currently working on a "FlyRig" kinda board just for the AX8/FX8. It is going to be the lightest option available for an AX8/FX8 & 2 EV-1's. They said they are making the case out of a thicker plastic compound, and the board will be made of the same stuff. It will have holes pre drilled in it so that you can remove the feet of the AX8/FX8/EV-1's so they can be screwed directly down to the board with the included screws they will be sending with the board. They said that you "can" take the board out of the case, but it's really designed to be a Live-in kinda board. I did not ask cost of the unit, because it was not going to fit what my needs we're, but.....if you're interested, just give them a call and talk to Peter about options for an AX8/FX8. They haven't released it for production yet, but have a few available if anyone is interested."

Just thought some of y'all might like to know if you didn't already. They had something similar to this before and the cost for board and case was $300. Not sure of what the cost of this is, but you could always call and ask if you are interested. I wanted it to work for me, but after talking with Peter and getting the details....it just didn't fit my setup...unfortunately.

Sounds pretty cool- doesn't help me immediately, but I'd like something like that in the future, although I think the Ev-1s are bigger than the Ernie ball JR and mission combo...

This is probably a long shot, but does anyone have a hole/screw template or drawing for the six threaded holes on the bottom of the ax8?

I believe someone actually posted a pdf file of this perhaps a little over a month ago. I can't remember the exact thread...probably in the "show us your setup" discussion.

I tossed around the same idea of building a pedalboard but decided due to weight and the fact that I carry all my equipment, I went with a pedal train 2 classic. Built a compartment under it out of brake metal to hold my cords. It is fantastic for the ax8 and 2 expression pedals.

Back
Top Bottom