12 string and/or acoustic emulation?

SteveOh

I'm awaiting the delivery of my first Fractal product, the M9, and was wondering if it can do any emulation of a 12-string, as well as any acoustic simulator. Been using Helix for years and could get pretty decent approximations via their acoustic simulator block (essentially an EQ), and then a pitch shift for quasi-12 string sounds. Naturally they sounded more piezo-ish, but that's fine, it worked.

Hoping the M9 can do this as well. Thanks

I don't have an FM9 yet, but if you check the blocks guide you'll see that there currently is no acoustic simulation blocks. You can find some presets on axechange that work really well, or you can get an acoustic IR and load it into the CAB block

I don't have an FM9 yet, but if you check the blocks guide you'll see that there currently is no acoustic simulation blocks. You can find some presets on axechange that work really well, or you can get an acoustic IR and load it into the CAB block
right, I saw that, but given that the Helix acoustic sim is essentially an eq, I was hoping something was lurking somewhere in the fm9 that would do the job. I do have some acoustic IR'S (3 Sigma), and believe it or not the acoustic simulator of the helix sounded better. go figure.

right, I saw that, but given that the Helix acoustic sim is essentially an eq, I was hoping something was lurking somewhere in the fm9 that would do the job. I do have some acoustic IR'S (3 Sigma), and believe it or not the acoustic simulator of the helix sounded better. go figure.
I see I see, if it's just an EQ you could try to replicate it with a paraeq block on the FM9.
If you play around with DAWs and VSTs you could also tonematch an acoustic sound and make your own acoustic IR which might work better for your guitar than the ones you currently have.
Anyway, I'll leave it up to someone more expert than me to give more advice, this is as far as my knowledge goes!

Back
Top Bottom