11Beta - Unable to Save or Load Global Block while in Tone Match block

A to the T

Experienced
I've never tried this before but attempted to in 11B for the first time.

I can double click FX BYP or hold it down on other blocks and it works. Just not on TM.

Since it wouldnt work via front panel of the unit itself I decided to play with it in Axe Edit even though I know Axe edit is flakey and untrustworthy.

Interestingly enough, in Axe-Edit 1.9 Beta I can save and load tone match blocks no problem.

So either its a bug or never been properly developed. Cliff can you please confirm if this is a firmware bug or documentation bug? Thanks so much.

Last edited:
That's because ... you can trust the hardware and you CAN NOT TRUST AXE-EDIT!

Hey yek, with all due respect I think you may have misunderstood.

I know AXE-EDIT is flakely and TONS of things aren't working. What I'm saying is that AXE-EDIT IS working for this feature!
I only tried it with the flakey AXE-EDIT because it wouldn't work on the AXE-FX directly.

I CAN'T do it through the front panel. I CAN do it through AXE-EDIT. So in fact, what I'm experiencing is the reverse. Or....maybe I just had too much coffee this morning.

So can someone please humour me and tell me that it should or shouldn't work directly via the front panel of the AXE-FX??????????

The TM block in hardware doesn't support global blocks, AFAIK.

If its not an Axe bug then its a documentation bug. I did a lot of searching before posting to see if I could find anything stating it wasn't supported. But to the contrary all I could find was the latest manual which says "Any of the block type instances on the Axe-Fx II can become global blocks, with 10 global memories for each of them. The Global Blocks feature includes 10 global memories for each and every instance of every type of block. There are 10 global “Amp 1” memories, 10 global “Amp 2” memories, 10 for Cab 1, Cab 2, Cho 1, Cho 2 …right down the line to “Wahwah 2.”

I tested it in 4 diff firmware version from 10.02 (same ver as the latest manual) and up to 11b and Global Block save/load doesn't work at all for the TM block.
Anyway, odd that its working when I do it in AE and its INDEED changing and saving in the Axe FX however I have no acces to them via the fron panel.

Would be an awesome feature to have global blocks for TM that can be different in each scene. i.e. each scene would have a TM block but a different global
block setting.

Last edited:
Would be an awesome feature to have global blocks for TM that can be different in each scene. i.e. each scene would have a TM block but a different global
block setting.

That would be awesome!! You should put that in the wish list. Because right now, when you use a TM block you can't change the amp or cab, it screws everything up.

I added it to the wish list thread but im interested to find out if this is indeed a known issue with regards to my OP.

Back
Top Bottom