100th Tour de France

Wild Tour so far, nothing as predicted. I like it.

Our best race viewing experience was at the Amgen Tour of California. The stage was a loop done four times right past a winery on a hill, so we got to sit on the grass, watching the rest of the loop on a big (giant) screen, sipping wine, then saunter up the hill to see the riders go by on the climb. It was amazing how fast they were going uphill. You don't get a sense of that on TV.

Funny the extreme hostility to doping in cyclists vs doping in other types of athletics, especially ones not nearly as strenuous (baseball? please...) I prefer the riders
clean and I think they are getting there.

> I went by train it's much quicker

Funny, so did the guy who won the 2nd TDF (and was disqualified for it:) )

TT

Wild Tour so far, nothing as predicted. I like it.

Our best race viewing experience was at the Amgen Tour of California. The stage was a loop done four times right past a winery on a hill, so we got to sit on the grass, watching the rest of the loop on a big (giant) screen, sipping wine, then saunter up the hill to see the riders go by on the climb. It was amazing how fast they were going uphill. You don't get a sense of that on TV.

Funny the extreme hostility to doping in cyclists vs doping in other types of athletics, especially ones not nearly as strenuous (baseball? please...) I prefer the riders
clean and I think they are getting there.

> I went by train it's much quicker

Funny, so did the guy who won the 2nd TDF (and was disqualified for it:) )

TT
The Tour has been pretty unpredictable and interesting so far! No doping/cheating controversies to speak of either. I'm enjoying it too...

To renew the competition a bit, they should change the bikes to :

carelman_velo_escalier.jpeg

or
velo.jpg

that would be fun.

Back
Top Bottom