Wish -100/+100 detune knob for virtual capo

My name is mud

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
hi
yes maybe a special need
for example I use the virtual capo for bands like "electric wizard", when I dont want to detune my guitar, and they are in B standard with a 432 hz tuning ...
so I refine this 432hz with the "detune" knob in the virtual capo, but at +50, I miss just a little bit more space like +60 maybe .

It is possible to make this knob -100/+100 it can help us to play behind records of bands who like to be in the "i dont give a fuck" tuning?

thanks

Last edited:
Just in case you didn't know, if you use +1 half steps shift and -40 cents detune, that accomplishes the same thing as +60 cents detune.
I ve tried in both way, turning down the tuning in one way or just half step up, and the record tuning was between the 2 even with the detune maxed up or down 😅, that’s why I ask. Only some room in the knob needed

Last edited:
Then I agree that’s a detail. Most of the time I detune the guitar with the record. Just for once I wanted to push a knob to have a preset in Tune like the record and … no luck : I choose the bad record 😅

I ve tried in both way, turning down the tuning in one way or just half step up, and the record tuning was between the 2 even with the detune maxed up or down 😅, that’s why I ask. Only some room in the knob needed
No shift and -50 cents, and -1 shift and +50 cents are the same thing. The distance from one musical pitch to the next is 100 cents.

I just tried it to make sure the Axe-Fx wasn't up to something strange. It isn't, the 2 pitches produced are identical. GlennO's method will work just fine.

FWIW, 432 Hz is 32 cents down from 440 Hz.

No shift and -50 cents, and -1 shift and +50 cents are the same thing. The distance from one musical pitch to the next is 100 cents.

I just tried it to make sure the Axe-Fx wasn't up to something strange. It isn't, the 2 pitches produced are identical. GlennO's method will work just fine.

FWIW, 432 Hz is 32 cents down from 440 Hz.
I will retry tomorrow so. It was very weird

It is possible to make this knob -100/+100 it can help us to play behind records of bands who like to be in the "i dont give a fuck" tuning?
+1

BTW, 432 isn't "I don't give a fuck" tuning. It's supposedly a more harmonic or healing tuning than standard 440. Although how that fits with death metal, I'm not sure, lol.

432 Hz is 32 cents down from 440 Hz.
Yep. I use this in my DAW sometimes to tune to 432.

+1

BTW, 432 isn't "I don't give a fuck" tuning. It's supposedly a more harmonic or healing tuning than standard 440. Although how that fits with death metal, I'm not sure, lol.

Yep. I use this in my DAW sometimes to tune to 432.
In this case it comes from a doom/stoner band that’s smoke more weed than breathing co2 that’s why I m not sure they does it intentionally 😅

Last edited:
Ok I have to turn to -50 or +50 to have it .. and compensate a little bit with the tuners . That’s not 432 so 💆🏻‍♂️. Anyway, It sound out of tune 😅

Last edited:
OP..I'm not sure the added latency, however low and great the Axe's is, of any pitch shifter is worth it for such a relatviely small amount of detuning. It might be easier to take the track itself and tune it by ear until it sounds right with your guitar tuned to 440hz.

Thnx for the introduction to this band 👍
This is one of the discovery from last year. I have tons of records and I’m more and more complicated to like « new bands/tunes ». (Or I m just getting slowly old🤣). but this one catch me. The tone is ultra dirty, it is so goood in these era were the guitar tones are all synthetic as hell and ALL THE SAME. this album makes me bought the behringer super fuzz and the fuzz war 😅. I have also matched the tone by ears with the axe. I’m not specially in this type of music normally. I do like the Melvins and some slow Celtic frost, but this band is hypnotic. The « dopethrone » album is my favorite but the others are great too. Yes, one of a very few new band (to my ears, not so new) that’s interest me these last years

Last edited:
OP..I'm not sure the added latency, however low and great the Axe's is, of any pitch shifter is worth it for such a relatviely small amount of detuning. It might be easier to take the track itself and tune it by ear until it sounds right with your guitar tuned to 440hz.
I always detuned my guitar and tune with albums (when I play behind) at 99%. But as I said it was to use a new function in the axe, and with the huge fuzz of my preset, the effect of the fake down tune don’t really matter . Turning to B is boring. But hey wait. I have a 7 strings 🤣🤣🤣

Back
Top Bottom