10.01 Shiva

Hi,

Almost everytime I see a post where someone post a preset or some settings they state that they use RedWirez. Does this mean that the stock IR are not good?
Is anyone here using the stock IRs?

Cheers,

Mats N

Mats N said:
Hi,

Almost everytime I see a post where someone post a preset or some settings they state that they use RedWirez. Does this mean that the stock IR are not good?

Cheers,

Mats N

The stock cabs are very good. It's just that the Red Wirez IRs fill in some gaps (f.e. for Matchless amps, Orange amps etc.). And the RW packs contain more mics and more mic positions.

yek said:
Mats N said:
Hi,

Cheers,

Mats N

The stock cabs are very good. It's just that the Red Wirez IRs fill in some gaps (f.e. for Matchless amps, Orange amps etc.). And the RW packs contain more mics and more mic positions.

it's all about having options. Great feature of the Axefx.
I use both stock and RW

yek said:

+1

For me it's about predictability. The options that RedWirez presents mirror how I used to mic. amps in the studio or live. Don't like the sound, move it an inch. Or change it to "off-axis", etc; etc;

But that said, when I'm building something from scratch. I ususlly start with the stock 4x12 cali cab. Dial it close, then switch to RedWirez for the final touches ....

Have Fun !

Very cool... I actually chuckled at the coolness of the call and response goin on at the end...
Cool tone, and cool style...

Which RW G12's are you using ?

All right, I have to say, that I don't have much experience with Bogner amps, but everytime I played one they sounded not so great to me (actually I hated it), then I heard everybody around here being absolutely in love with them and singing praises. I listened to couple clips today and I heard the same thing as when I tried it and thought that this amp is absolutely not usable for me.

BUT .... !!!

Your clip, man, sounds awesome to me. I was really curious when I saw that it was you posting the clip and you really got me again. So anyway, good job man, good job. :)

great sound and great playing. :)

Back
Top Bottom