1 Axe FX, 2 Computers, possible?

malenko

I should be getting my XL in about a weeks time, so excited!!!! Anyway, was thinking about being able to hook up the axe through USB to my desktop for recording and reamping in my DAW, and also have it connected to my laptop purely for running Axe Edit.
If I connected the Axe to a USB hub and then connected to both systems will it be able to work in that way or will I have to run Axe edit also on my desktop?

Many thanks

What USB hub allows you to split it to 2 computers?

I'm gonna guess no, though. Or just one computer on at a time.

Thought maybe that cause one comp is sending the info (Axe Edit) and one is receiving (signal to DAW) it could...possibly...work....:eek-new:

Do you really need a laptop for Axe-Edit? The Axe FX is a world of possibilities, and seems like how many possibilities guitar players have nowadays - more possibilities and challenges they ask Cliff to create. I dont know, the greatest music in the world has been done without an USB splitting into 2. Why do that? whatever... forget it man! Use 1 desktop I guess

Do you really need a laptop for Axe-Edit? The Axe FX is a world of possibilities, and seems like how many possibilities guitar players have nowadays - more possibilities and challenges they ask Cliff to create. I dont know, the greatest music in the world has been done without an USB splitting into 2. Why do that? whatever... forget it man! Use 1 desktop I guess
Dude, I'm not asking this as a wish and apreciate just how great the axe fx is as we all do, I was merely just wondering. I do not have enough room to place my axe on my desk and will not always switch my desktop on to play so thought if possible would be a great idea to sit the laptop above the axe for axe edit as a seperate system. I have broken the usb ports in an old laptop once from constant plugging and unplugging and am now always wary when pluggin a usb in so i would rather have things permanatly connected.
Internet or networking the two is an idea i hadnt considered and nobody so far actually knows if splitting will work. Like Mr.X has suggested its Midi and audio, each one going to a different source.

You could try using a USB KVM switch. Both computers won't be hooked up at the same time, but you can connect/disconnect between the two easily with a button. Those are typically used for switching a single USB keyboard/mouse setup between two computers.

Not seen those KVM switches before, they're pretty cool and has given me an idea for my computers at work so cheers Axewielder. Although I don't really need to share the computers screen and keyboard etc., after looking at the KVM's I saw just simple USB switches that I think will do the job perfectly :)

Back
Top Bottom