“Wasted Years” Acoustic cover

This popped up in my YouTube feed. I’ve always loved the original version by Iron Maiden. Now that I’m older and play my acoustic more, this version really got my attention. Looks like it’s three years old so as usual, I’m late to the party.

Man, got goosebumps, have listened to it 4 times in a row, amazing. Thanks for sharing it

I'm really glad others are enjoying this too! There's a bunch of acoustic reinterpretations of old songs I love that have given me a new appreciation for them. Mostly because I can hear the words clearly but also because it's easier to enjoy some of the basic melodies without all the other instruments. I've always enjoyed this song but hearing the words clearly makes me enjoy it on an entirely different level. It's very relatable in this version, imo.

This popped up in my YouTube feed. I’ve always loved the original version by Iron Maiden. Now that I’m older and play my acoustic more, this version really got my attention. Looks like it’s three years old so as usual, I’m late to the party.

Part of (in my opinion) their best album. This and and the Defenders of the Faith pretty much define my teenage years.

Back
Top Bottom