“... you should DEFINITELY buy a ______! “

touch33

Experienced
Sold an old U-87 mic yesterday, which means A NEW XL+ for me! It appears as though Mission Eng. expression pedals are a popular “must have”. Leaving FRFR out for the moment, what else should no new “bedroom rockstar” Axe-er be without?
Cheers,
Bruce

“Old Sound Man” by trade, I’ve got so many FRFR gear choices - studio monitors large and small, phones, IEM’s - we’re good here.

I’ve got the “wife” part covered as well: “hey babe, how about hanging some of your guitars on the wall in our bedroom?”

Attachments

• 37E878C5-0B81-4D4E-B388-D628D6C80E16.jpeg
    37E878C5-0B81-4D4E-B388-D628D6C80E16.jpeg
    113.2 KB · Views: 94
Hi Bruce,
You'll need at least one u-87!

:)
Thanks
Pauly

Sold an old U-87 mic yesterday, which means A NEW XL+ for me! It appears as though Mission Eng. expression pedals are a popular “must have”. Leaving FRFR out for the moment, what else should no new “bedroom rockstar” Axe-er be without?
Cheers,
Bruce

MFC101 (or an equivalent foot controller). Even for bedroom playing it makes changing presets, switching pedals in and out, changing scenes etc. so much easier. I got a one cheap second hand, and was pleasantly surprised how much of a difference it makes to the whole experience.

Not as ambitious as some suggestions, but Digitech's new "Freqout" pedal is great fun, particularly for "bedroom" players. Thing works like a champ - highly authentic - and the effect doesn't exist in the AxeFx.

I sold my Mission pedals. Had tension issues with both. Now have Fractal EV-1. Much better pedal, IMHO.

Might want to buy a dog to keep your wife company. She will not be seeing much of you for a while.

MFC101 (or an equivalent foot controller). Even for bedroom playing it makes changing presets, switching pedals in and out, changing scenes etc. so much easier. I got a one cheap second hand, and was pleasantly surprised how much of a difference it makes to the whole experience.

While I agree, I've been fine for years with the humble FCB1010. While the MFC is obviously better, for home use it's pretty overkill.

Other than that on the top of my list would be:
  • Good studio monitors. These make a huge difference in the sound you get. I'm running a pair of Genelec M040 speakers.
  • A good computer setup. The Axe-Fx 2 front panel is a bit rubbish and editing your sounds via Axe-Edit is so much easier.
  • 3rd party IRs. Cab packs, Ownhammer stuff..whatever you prefer. Not that there is anything wrong with the stock stuff but I just really like the sound I'm getting with Ownhammer IRs.

Back
Top Bottom