Axe-Fx III Firmware 25.01 Release

Pretty certain CC changed the algos; hence C3

He said so too iirc
Yes, but there was a tiny RN I think that got missed.

New “Cygnus X-3” amp modeling:
  • Improved preamp algorithms.
  • Improved power amp algorithms.
  • Improved output transformer loss modeling.
  • Improved preamp supply voltage modeling.
  • Nearly all amp models have been “remastered” as a result of new measurement techniques and analytical methods.*

Added “Class-A 30W Brilliant” Amp model.*

* Added super secret special sauce to "newer" amps (including Class-A 30W Brilliant, Brit 800 2203, 5153 100W Stealth) to give them a more 3D feel. All other amps have not received this super secret special sauce treatment. jk

Last edited:
Any noticing 1-2dB in reduced output of some amps (Smallbox is significant) with this FW upgrade? Sounds great, but having to go through and re-level a bunch of presets. No biggie, just wondering if anyone has seen this.

Any noticing 1-2dB in reduced output of some amps (Smallbox is significant) with this FW upgrade? Sounds great, but having to go through and re-level a bunch of presets. No biggie, just wondering if anyone has seen this.
yes some things have changed due to amps changing.

• Nearly all amp models have been “remastered” as a result of new measurement techniques and analytical methods.*

Added “Class-A 30W Brilliant” Amp model.*

* Added super secret special sauce to "newer" amps (including Class-A 30W Brilliant, Brit 800 2203, 5153 100W Stealth) to give them a more 3D feel. All other amps have not received this super secret special sauce treatment. jk
Hahaha, thanks for killing my eyes, you’re funny! But in all honestly, I’m curious if there is a difference between “remastered” and newly modeled. And he also said “Nearly all”, which makes me wonder, which ones didn’t make the cut? The old AC30’s?

IT seems as an error when picking IR's. When selecting
Factory 1 it shows U1,
Factory2 shows U2
User 1 shows L1
User 2 shows blank

As if all those banks wasn't confusing enough - if also (Using FractalBot) directing them to other places it gets really steap :)

Anybody see this?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 41
IT seems as an error when picking IR's. When selecting
Factory 1 it shows U1,
Factory2 shows U2
User 1 shows L1
User 2 shows blank

As if all those banks wasn't confusing enough - if also (Using FractalBot) directing them to other places it gets really steap :)

Anybody see this?
Thats axe edit not the hardware, right? May be worth posting in axe edit section for proper traction.

I’m not sure, it just feels different, the way it reacts to pick attacks, the way it reacts to drive pedals. I don’t know if they used a different process to model this particular amp, something just feels different. Not sure how the sausage is made. I may be hearing shit, could just be in my head. I usually use higher gain models, but this one, for whatever reason, keeps me drawn to it.
I can second this. Amps I used to have a hard time dialing in sound really good at default settings. Whereas before I may have had to resort to more extreme settings on some models, I no longer have to for the most part minus the odd few designed that way (e.g., a Bogner).

I’m not sure, it just feels different, the way it reacts to pick attacks, the way it reacts to drive pedals. I don’t know if they used a different process to model this particular amp, something just feels different. Not sure how the sausage is made. I may be hearing shit, could just be in my head. I usually use higher gain models, but this one, for whatever reason, keeps me drawn to it.
I just had a chance to try the Class A 30 Watt Brilliant today and wow wow wow.

With a Strat thru a track on my DAW with a UAD Neve 88RS instantiated it’s just amazing.

Last edited:
Not at home this week to check but are any of the little items in the FX3 .01 update needed for the latest version 7.0 of the FM9 (no biggie one way or the other) - just askling

Back
Top Bottom