CS for Amp Channel changes

Narzugon

Power User
I'm wanting to step through both Amp 1 and Cab 1 channels simultaneously via a CS#. Wrapping back around would be a bonus. Is this possible?

As step one of trying to figure this out I have been trying to simply go to a specific amp channel via a CS# assigned to a switch on my FC12. But I'm failing and at this point and have been spinning my wheels for two days. I don't want to use scenes to do this and have engaged Scene Ignore for each channel. I want independent control of the amp/cab channels from scenes.

Axe III and FC12 on latest firmware. Here's where I am so far.

FC Controllers: CS4 set to: CC Ch1 CC#127 On Value 0 Off Value 1
Midi Remote: Channel Amp1 CC#127
FC12: Switch 7 set to: Control Switch Latching CS4

I'm using CC#127 only because I couldn't find the Midi Table like we had for the MFC's. When I press FC switch 7, nothing happens. Even if it did, how would I get it to cycle through the Amp Channels?

Is there a better way to do this?

Any help appreciated!

Use the Channel Increment function of a switch.
OP mentioned simulatenous Amp & Cab channel switching in 1st sentence so the options are basically:

1. Midi Loopback (toggle between 2 channels of any number of blocks via CS MIDI)

2. Get an actual MIDI controller more suited for this depending on goals e.g. cycling through more than 2 channels, different block groups per preset etc.

3. Press 2 channel switches really quick (does pressing two FC switches simultaneously actually work? no FC here to test)

4. External switch assigned to multiple bypass functions (will toggle between channels A & D)

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies Unix-guy and Bakerman. I had already been down the Channel Inc function for a switch. As Bakerman pointed out, that required me to use two switches. One for Amp channels and one for Cab channels. I'm wanting to change them together.

Over all, it's not that big of a deal. I'm not needing to change amps/cabs in a speedy fashion. But being able to do both from a single switch would've been nice. Thanks again for the replies!

As a compromise I'll just go with Amp channel cycling via Tap and Cab channel cycling via Hold. I have a fairly quick hold time so it'll do.

Did you try the midi loopback?

I didn't. I may revisit this in the near future and try it then. I am curious though. When Bakerman mentioned the Loopback option he noted toggling between 2 channels. Would this method only allow toggeling between two channels?

I didn't. I may revisit this in the near future and try it then. I am curious though. When Bakerman mentioned the Loopback option he noted toggling between 2 channels. Would this method only allow toggeling between two channels?
Well, a CS can send an ON and an OFF value. That allows your CC to send any 2 values. Since channel (and scene) selection is done by CC# and value, you are limited to 2.

If cycling through 4 channels was important and you have a spare layout, I think you could put two different CS on two otherwise identical layouts, each with a link to the other layout, CC values of 0/2 for one CS and 1/3 for the other. Be aware that CS Per Scene settings in other presets could put them out of sync where you're cycling ADCB instead of ABCD. If that happens, a particular scene could put them back in sync, or you could just switch layouts in another way to toggle either CS one extra time.

Last edited:
If cycling through 4 channels was important and you have a spare layout, I think you could put two different CS on two otherwise identical layouts, each with a link to the other layout, CC values of 0/2 for one CS and 1/3 for the other. Be aware that CS Per Scene settings in other presets could put them out of sync where you're cycling ADCB instead of ABCD. If that happens, a particular scene could put them back in sync, or you could just switch layouts in another way to toggle either CS one extra time.

I did have a spare Layout. So I copied my main Layout to it. For simplicity I'll say Layout 1 and 2. Layout1 being my main.

Switch 7 on Layout 1 increases +1 channel for Amp1 and is linked to Layout 2.
Switch 7 on Layout 2 increases +1 channel for Cab1 and is linked to Layout 1.

Pressing switch 7 on Layout 1 - Cycles up to the next Amp 1 Channel and switches to Layout 2.
Pressing switch 7 on Layout 2 - Cycles up to the next Cab 1 Channel and switches back to Layout 1.

So I can do a quick double tap on switch 7 and I've just cycled to the next channel for both Amp and Cab. An improvement over Tap for Amp1 channel and Hold for Cab1 channel.

"CC values of 0/2 for one CS and 1/3 for the other" I didn't understand this part.

Last edited:
I did have a spare Layout. So I copied my main Layout to it. For simplicity I'll say Layout 1 and 2. Layout1 being my main.

Switch 7 on Layout 1 increases +1 channel for Amp1 and is linked to Layout 2.
Switch 7 on Layout 2 increases +1 channel for Cab1 and is linked to Layout 1.

Pressing switch 7 on Layout 1 - Cycles up to the next Amp 1 Channel and switches to Layout 2.
Pressing switch 7 on Layout 2 - Cycles up to the next Cab 1 Channel and switches back to Layout 1.

So I can do a quick double tap on switch 7 and I've just cycled to the next channel for both Amp and Cab. An improvement over Tap for Amp1 channel and Hold for Cab1 channel.

"CC values of 0/2 for one CS and 1/3 for the other" I didn't understand this part.
He's talking about using the loopback midi cable.

If one switch alternates between sending the CC (for channel of Amp and Cab blocks) with values of 0 and 2, it will toggle between Channels A and C. The other switch sending values of 1 and 3 will toggle between Channels B and D.

Talk about reading comprehension. I totally missed it. :laughing: I'll have to give this a try in the next few days now that I've gotten this far.

Back
Top Bottom