FM3 Firmware Version 8.00 beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the AXE 3 and the FM3. Now running through the sounds after, yes, HARD reset. The HBE C45 is even better. JP2C matches my AXE3 for ease of rehearsal. I have played shows with both. Oh for those who care, I used OMG15. Yes I use the YA cabs. And for the Floydian fans, the C45 is your amp. I will blast it through a major PA TONIGHT on Comfortably Numb. Almost the only cover I play. And for all, I use the YA MES 121 v 1 onstage. EXCEPT for the C45 that gets a YA M25 57v3. Sounding great. The poster is just proof that I AM actually playing tonight in Taiwan.
Both of those IR's are fantastic. Hope your show is/was great!

I loaded 8.0 tonight , no issues with the firmware update . There's still something missing for me, I've been on Ares 3.01 for 4 months after trying cyngus x2 7.0 for 2 weeks back then. Something is missing at the input stage or preamp gain. Still seems soft to me as far as pick attack . I've used Freidman BE V models since 2014 all the time for live performances.
I like to use the output compressor type feedback at about 1, or use the cf compression to about 10% for some more of that more fluid and aggressive feel.

Thanks for the update! I used to not gel with the RV but with this update it’s glorious- especially when boosted with a Klon.

Also the JCM is so awesome now and it was not bad with FW7

Hi all !

This new FW and improvements are very enticing and am thinking about re-grabbing an Original Non-Turbo FM3.

Quick question:-

=> with the new FM3 Beta 8 FW running on an Original Non-Turbo model - if you engage the full pre-set to pre-set switching feature, is it known yet how much a CPU-Hit there is [ if any ? ] for engaging feature ?

Thanks,
Ben

I did not have any increase in my presets with the FM3 non turbo. Gapless all the way and spillover all the way. I think I actually dropped .5 to 1% lol

I did not have any increase in my presets with the FM3 non turbo. Gapless all the way and spillover all the way. I think I actually dropped .5 to 1% lol
In my experience (FM3 non turbo), my 5 main presets are: +2.3%, -4.7%, +3.8%, +2.1%, +2.9%
Gapless is nice but I don't need it so I'm thinking about disabling it and see if it improves.

I've now spent a few hours with the new firmware and...you can think I'm crazy but I have the feeling I have a completely different device. What FAS has created is completely insane...my plexi and the amp model have the same spirit...THESE are tubes baby! That's just crazy. Now all I need is a Randall or Fortin amp model then I don't need anything else.

Yeah the 1970 sounded like a solid state amp that I was just HAMMERing with a high output OD. No brightness, just farty fuzz

Reselect the amp type. Verify the system settings in the Setup menu. Make sure that the Cab block is engaged in the preset.

General impression after the update of great feeling improvement.
I spent only 20 minutes scrolling my presets, but I noticed that on some I have a thinner pick attack, like moving from humbucker to single coil.
Anyone else noticed this?

General impression after the update of great feeling improvement.
I spent only 20 minutes scrolling my presets, but I noticed that on some I have a thinner pick attack, like moving from humbucker to single coil.
Anyone else noticed this?
No but it might be that there is more clarity in the lows and pick attack , I notice less low mid congestion so I guess you could say it’s a little thinner but much clearer not smearing and more definition

I was having so much fun today with my new Vox AC30 model that up until now I did not even notice that other new models had been added until I sat down to read this thread!

I can't plug in at the moment (which is killing me) but I can't wait to especially try out the new Marshall updates.

Thank you once again Fractal.

The sensation of the nasal sound seems to me to come from the FX loop. When I connect a pedal in mono or stereo, reverb or overdrive the same thing happens to me and feedback is generated if I increase the volume

Intentional.

From the release notes for FW 25 for the Axe-Fx III:

"As a consequence of the new modeling many default parameter values have been changed. Existing presets are automatically updated to the new parameter values upon recall. The updated parameters are:
  • Preamp Low Cut
  • (...)
I noticed that the FM3 release notes don't say that and specifically say to reset the Amp block...

So, that is a bit confusing.

I just don't understand the topic of resetting the amp block. I looked at the topic on the wiki. Do I have to reset the amp block for all presets after importing the new firmware or not? I want to avoid having to readjust the EQ etc. for my 50 presets...that took a long time to set them the way they are now.

possible Bug in the Tremolo Block:
- Optical Trem 1&2 are about 9dB quiter than all other Trem Types with identical settings!

Fantastic Update! Gapless Switchig is so good and Cygnus 3 and the new amps and drives are killer! Thank you so much dear FAS Team for this milestone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom