FM3 Firmware Version 8.00 beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe a setting - Changing presets from a straight amp to a crystal echos type thing I get a harsh swell of volume / when changing. Anyone know a setting to fix this that doesn't mess with all the other gapless goodness?

Maybe a setting - Changing presets from a straight amp to a crystal echos type thing I get a harsh swell of volume / when changing. Anyone know a setting to fix this that doesn't mess with all the other gapless goodness?
You need to have the same effects blocks active in both presets for spillover to work well
So if it’s a delay you will have to put a delay in the dry amp preset
Or turn off gapless on presets and try scenes

The firmware update seems to reset the Input EQ Low Cut to stock settings , contrary to the setting I had previously configured on some presets. Is this intentional or a bug? Thanks

Last edited:

This is the "gotcha" with gapless/spillover. Any time based effects that can spill need to appear in both presets. So in you "dry" preset the crystals need to be there in a bypassed state.

The firmware update seems to reset the Input EQ Low Cut to stock settings , contrary to the setting I had previously configured on some presets. Is this intentional or a bug? Thanks

Intentional.

From the release notes for FW 25 for the Axe-Fx III:

"As a consequence of the new modeling many default parameter values have been changed. Existing presets are automatically updated to the new parameter values upon recall. The updated parameters are:
  • Preamp Low Cut
  • (...)

After installation there is no sound from digital output. I re installed the firmware version 7 and still there is no sound. Also the LED screens above tge buttons diplaying onl "----" Does anyone has any idea?

Check the system parameters for digital sound.

Yeah the 1970 sounded like a solid state amp that I was just HAMMERing with a high output OD. No brightness, just farty fuzz

That seems odd to me (but everyone’s ears and playback system are different )as I noticed the pick attack has vastly improved and the low mid congestion has been removed , the lows are tighter and a lot more focused now
Have you reset the amps perhaps your previous ares setttings are having and influence also try putting a boost up front if it still is not tight enough ?
Thank you, i actually did not UPGRADE ALL PRESETS as advised on the unit itself. I need to get back in the room today. Thanks

Hi all !

This new FW and improvements are very enticing and am thinking about re-grabbing an Original Non-Turbo FM3.

Quick question:-

=> with the new FM3 Beta 8 FW running on an Original Non-Turbo model - if you engage the full pre-set to pre-set switching feature, is it known yet how much a CPU-Hit there is [ if any ? ] for engaging feature ?

Thanks,
Ben
I am selling an original non-turbo FM3! ;) if you want to message me!

Thank you FAS for this monumental update! I've had my FM3T for about 4 months now, and I'm thrilled to see you put this kind of love into the smaller unit. Bravo!

After getting to spend some time with the beta, I must say this might be the best update I've seen in my years of owning the FM3. Gapless makes this thing so much more powerful. I have gotten pretty good at using scenes and blocks to make the FM3 do most anything I need, but gapless makes it so much easier and mostly seamless. Pretty awesome!

I don't have a way to properly A/B amp tones between V7 and V8, so I can't say for sure how much better amps sound. But my ears and the grin on my face say V8 is better. One of my favorite presets for a while has been based on the Orange RV50. After the update I swear it's just bigger, bolder and simply sounds and feels better. Could just be placebo, but I'm pretty sure it is not.

And the other bonus is most of my presets use a few percent less CPU.

Great job FAS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom