FM3 Firmware Version 8.00 beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ran “upgrade all presets”, which pulled in the changes, then checked them for level changes and then maybe made minor adjustments to the tone controls.

I found that some of the amps sounded a little different. Cliff said that the new settings are based on different/better measurements so I attributed the difference to that; the amps are more accurate, so I wanted to recalibrate my expectations. I played using a couple different guitars and rolled their volumes to see how the amps reacted, and found some amps I’d kinda liked before that I really like now: The Bludojai Clean and Lead, and the FAS Express, are way up on my list now. I’ll give them more time and maybe change the cabs to Dyna-Cabs.
Where is "upgrade all presets"?

I ran the new firmware and didn't see this, I'm unsure if there's anything else I'm supposed to be doing?

Yes I can confirm that the feel is a lot better and the amp respond a lot more like the real thing!!! was good before is better now!!!!
Thank you fractal!!

NEW AMP MODELS:
  • Class-A 30W Brilliant
  • JS410 Lead Green
  • Brit Silver
  • Fryette D60 models
  • Citrus RV50
  • CA3+ Rhythm/Lead models
  • Friedman BE/HBE models
  • Recto1 and Recto2 models
  • Brit 800 2203
  • Brit 800 2204 Low
  • 5153 100W Stealth
  • USA JP IIC+
  • USA MKV Green
  • USA MK V Red

For those confused, this is a bit of a simplification of what happened over the last serveral firmware updates on the III which are being synchronized here:

Some of these are net new amps (the USA MKV models, the Brit 800 2203, 5153 100W Stealth, Class-A 30W Brilliant, etc), some of new modes on existing models (JS410 Green, Brit 800 2204 Low), some are renames because of new models (the Brit 800 became the Brit 800 2204 when the 2203 was added), Some are remodels of newer production amps (the JS410 was modelled after a production model instead of Joe's personal amp, the Fryette D60 models are based on a Series II head instead of the older Series I head now, etc), and some might just be internal tweaks (I can't remember what specifically in the Recto and Friedman models changed).

Nice. The low end chug realism is one thing I always listen for, and always ready for it to be more realistic.

I am also looking forward to checking out the Stealth.
This is where I noticed it the most , I have always felt the low end response , attack and transients were a little off compared to something like a tube front end he Synergy preamps or the IR.X
Cygnus 3 seems to have bridged the gap there where
There is more clarity and a fast attack on the lows and less congestion in the lower mids
The sound is less compressed and more open now w better string separation and articulation especially in those bottom strings , palm mutes or quick percussive style

Not a bug per se, but an inconsistency between the FM3 and the Axe Fx. After resetting the cab block, the default DynaCab mic position and distance are 0.0 on the FM3, but on the Axe Fx they default to 5.00 and 4.80 respectively. Not sure what the FM9 does, I don't have mine handy right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom