Trouble importing presets

jtcardio

Can anyone help with an issue I'm having importing a third party preset into my FM3? I get to the point where I select where the IR and preset go, click import, and it seems to process for a few seconds, but nothing comes into the destination preset. No error message. Using latest version of software. Thank you.

Last edited:
Can anyone help with an issue I'm having importing a third party present into my FM3? I get to the point where I select where the IR and preset go, click import, and it seems to process for a few seconds, but nothing comes into the destination preset. No error message. Using latest version of software. Thank you.
Define “latest version.” What you’re describing sounds like what would happen if you loaded a preset that was made on newer firmware than what you have.

I did a silly the other day....I tried to import the EVH stealth preset from my FM9 into my FM3.

Wonder why that didn't work......:eek::D

My god....please update this thing....it's been a long time.

Last edited:
Define “latest version.” What you’re describing sounds like what would happen if you loaded a preset that was made on newer firmware than what you have.
that may be the issue. I didn't realize you have to manually update. Hopefully that is it. Thank you

The LUKE presets from Boutique Tone.
If the problem isn't the firmware version, which I suspect it is because that's the expected behavior with older firmware that sees a preset that was touched by a new version, then someone who has that preset, or the author of the preset can help debug the problem too.

Also, you can always have the modeler tell you want it's current firmware version is by:
  • Cycling the power and looking in the lower-right corner of the main display.
  • Going to Setup > Utilities > Version.
FM3-Edit displays the "major.minor" revision numbers in the top-left of the main display however it's not aware of the actual beta firmware "b" revision number.

Back
Top Bottom