Axe-Fx III Firmware 25.00 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
No firmware update got me that excited in a long time. Excited.. . and frustrated, because I can't check it, as my ears are currently non-functional because of a nasty tropical sinusitis šŸ˜· The frequency responses in my hearing are totally distorted! But as soon as I get my ears back, I'll be all over it
Run a back up, go through all your presets and re-eq them to sound good, then when you recuperate A/B them...just a suggestion to kill time while sick. :rolleyes:
Seriously though get well soon.

Run a back up, go through all your presets and re-eq them to sound good, then when you recuperate A/B them...just a suggestion to kill time while sick. :rolleyes:
Seriously though get well soon.
Speaking from experience that may or may not be similar to what is described, if one is experiencing dramatic effects similar to a ring modulator, doing any mixing is virtually impossible. Can be especially maddening when one doesn't know what's going on between the bone conduction and ear drum... Feel better soon @fremen!

Speaking from experience that may or may not be similar to what is described, if one is experiencing dramatic effects similar to a ring modulator, doing any mixing is virtually impossible. Can be especially maddening when one doesn't know what's going on between the bone conduction and ear drum... Feel better soon @fremen!
Oh I was just joking trying to give Fremen some humor...considering how many presets he's done (which I've bought all available) I'm sure he sees the joke of how long it would take him, etc.

Very good that there is another AC-30, yes finally, sounds great. Thanks for this.

General Just a query, sorry if it's been asked before.
I immediately noticed a difference between 25b3 and the final version.
Could it be that the general input gain is higher in the final version than in the 25b3?
Because if I reduce the global input gain by 0.2-3 in the final version, I get a similar response behavior as in 25b3.
Also, the dry wet ratio between AMP and the other effect blocks shifts positively for me.
And that's what I like and love about the 25B3 in every preset.
No criticism, just my perception.

Very good that there is another AC-30, yes finally, sounds great. Thanks for this.

General Just a query, sorry if it's been asked before.
I immediately noticed a difference between 25b3 and the final version.
Could it be that the general input gain is higher in the final version than in the 25b3?
Because if I reduce the global input gain by 0.2-3 in the final version, I get a similar response behavior as in 25b3.
Also, the dry wet ratio between AMP and the other effect blocks shifts positively for me.
And that's what I like and love about the 25B3 in every preset.
No criticism, just my perception.
There were no changes other than the addition of that amp model.

@FractalAudio The amount of Continuous innovation/delivery on the software side you output is unbelievable. When you developed the III how much runway did you feel the hardware provided for you to be able to keep innovating? Are there any advancements in the industry that in an ideal world you feel would make the hardware even better in 2024? Or is the bottleneck still Software vs Hardware.

This is one of the best music investments I have ever made

Last edited:
Nebulous question? Seems to me like a very clear and relevant question (What specific amp / ampchannel is the new model based on?), particularly in the context of new firmware showcasing awesome accuracy.
"Elaborate on the model" to me means more than just "which model". Maybe he meant whatnyou think he meant, and Im reading too much into the word "elaborate". šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

"Elaborate on the model" to me means more than just "which model". Maybe he meant whatnyou think he meant, and Im reading too much into the word "elaborate". šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
You may have missed all the other posts in previous pages asking basically the same question yet more explicitly.

Iā€™m curious what Iā€™m ā€œplaying throughā€ as well as the specifics of the original amp. Iā€™d like to know the year, tb/non-tb, if originally a nontb- was it a treble, bass or normal model?

At the very least, tell us if this is ā€œTb brilliantā€ or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom