Axe-Fx III Firmware 25.00 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Off subject but awesome to see at a concert. Makes you proud to own FAS products. Guitar tones are absolutely incredible and so is Brit FlydeView attachment 138434
My wife and I saw them on their last tour and have tickets for the upcoming show in June. They nailed the songs they played. Not just great covers (which they were), but captured feel by making the tunes their own. If you're a Pink Floyd fan, I highly recommend catching their show. I can't imagine that you'll be disappointed.

Is it me or my presets sound so different from fw24 that I can hear my bad tone choices? Holy, I mean, I just spent a few mins tweaking my tones and now they sound as they've always should've.

This thing is crazy.

Edit: I know they are supposed to sound different :) they sound better now after fixing things that weren't noticeable before

The rectifier EQ interaction is spot on. For example, if you turn the treble all the way down. The mids and bass are loud. If you crank the treble to 10, very little bass/mids. Has it been this way for a while & I missed it?

I can notice a positive difference in my ODS patches, not sure about the rest yet.
Is this the ODS Clean or more of the Ford, PAB, and HRM? I just did a bunch of testing and noticed minimal differences with my tone matches I created with the ODS Clean (for my Two Rock Traditional Clean tone match). If anything there was a slight dip in the low end, but once I turned it up from 5.99 to 6.35 it was back.

Is this the ODS Clean or more of the Ford, PAB, and HRM? I just did a bunch of testing and noticed minimal differences with my tone matches I created with the ODS Clean (for my Two Rock Traditional Clean tone match). If anything there was a slight dip in the low end, but once I turned it up from 5.99 to 6.35 it was back.
No ..think Mr Ford soloing with the turbo on...It use it as a quite gainy patch, with the guitar vol rolled back

blaggers......the layout of the preset you posted is very strange, with all of the inputs/outputs. Care to explain what all of this does, and how you have the in/outs (physical) set up? Just looking at it makes my brain hurt. :)
Its falrly simple
Input 1 is guitar
Output 4 takes the clean guitar signal to a Digitech SDRUM (drum machine) that comes back into Input4
Input 2 is a microphone feed - that goes out of Output2 and cabled back into Input 3
Output 3 feeds a non cab sim dry feed to a powered guitar cab (Only used if Im playing live).

I usually listen through headphones - so thats why I feed everything back in to come out of Output1 (which is the output mix that the headphone uses).

On my JCM800 2203 the power amp (phase inverter, etc.) start to distort slightly above 1 on the Master which is loud in the room, that's with modern (consistent) Alpha Log potentiometers.
Master at 1 is my starting point on all MV amp models with all modelers.
yup, for higain, master at 1-2 as a starting point for me also, depending on amp model.
for amps with diodes in the circuit, like cameron, master at 7 is no problem, still tight.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom