Axe-Fx III Firmware 25.00 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having played a couple of hours with this firmware and I dare to say that it is spectacular.
AC30 Brilliant is killer!!!
The new Kill Dry feature is a more powerful tool than you would initially believe. It is possible that it is a placebo effect, but for some reason I hear more definition in the delays using Kill Dry and compensating the level by lowering MIX, to obtain the same level that I previously achieved with the same block in parallel, MIX at 100% and lowering some db. I can't find a logical explanation for this behavior but that's how I feel using "2290 w/ Modulation Delay". Placebo maybe... maybe. Fortunately it's for the better!

Having played a couple of hours with this firmware and I dare to say that it is spectacular.
AC30 Brilliant is killer!!!
The new Kill Dry feature is a more powerful tool than you would initially believe. It is possible that it is a placebo effect, but for some reason I hear more definition in the delays using Kill Dry and compensating the level by lowering MIX, to obtain the same level that I previously achieved with the same block in parallel, MIX at 100% and lowering some db. I can't find a logical explanation for this behavior but that's how I feel using "2290 w/ Modulation Delay". Placebo maybe... maybe. Fortunately it's for the better!
Same here with the Kill Dry feature. The overall delay effect just sounds "cleaner" and less cluttered. Can't think of a better way to put it but it's really fantastic.

Same here with the Kill Dry feature. The overall delay effect just sounds "cleaner" and less cluttered. Can't think of a better way to put it but it's really fantastic.
Can't fathom how killdry would affect the character of the delay itself - I suspect differences heard are from not arriving at the exact same mix level using killdry vs previous settings without kill dry.

Maybe when someone did mix in dry? (by accident or not getting the principle)
yes - not yet sure exactly how I might use it in my presets mostly running delay/verb in series (plain jane / not parallel), but its great for very quickly / easily hearing just the wet signal alone which I often like to do momentarily for tweaking as it gives me a clearer idea if what the delay / verb is doing precisely.

I just played with the new ac30 brilliant amp. Yes it’s as advertised from the previous posts.

I think it’s so good that I have to believe Cliff was on a mission to prove something to someone. Basically a “here, hold my scotch” moment.

Update Edit: I have yet to compare the settings to the ac30tb that I’ve been using. But it’s definitely more brilliant.

Last edited:
Awesome release! I love the "Kill Dry" for parallel effects. That makes it so much easier to set up patches and also to get levels correct.

Im not hearing any difference on my parallel "dry kill" delay block if I set Global Effects mix to 50% or 200% (I do when I use the Global reverb mix on the reverb setup the same way) . Does the Global Effect mix work for others with parallel delay blocks?

AH FOUND IT - I didnt realise you need to set the block mix to GBL for effects to have the Global effect mix work on them (as I didnt use global mix before as my delays were in parallel)

View attachment 138421
blaggers......the layout of the preset you posted is very strange, with all of the inputs/outputs. Care to explain what all of this does, and how you have the in/outs (physical) set up? Just looking at it makes my brain hurt. :)

Can't fathom how killdry would affect the character of the delay itself - I suspect differences heard are from not arriving at the exact same mix level using killdry vs previous settings without kill dry.
Yes. I understand what the function does because I always used it with my Eventide Eclipse. On the AXE FX III most of my presets have a parallel delay (2290 my favorite).
I certainly can't find a logical explanation for the different sensation I noticed today, so most likely I didn't get to exactly the same wet signal level (Although I went back and forth a couple of times).
I will try to make time tomorrow to configure the 2 scenes of a preset with the two options to verify it. In case I feel this again, I will share the preset here to see what you think. Sometimes placebo psychology can play its tricks on us ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom