Axe-Fx III Firmware 25.00 Public Beta #2 (Cygnus X-3 Release Candidate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you offer any insight into this scenario:
  • Let's say I completely set my AFIII back to factory settings; wipe all the presets and everything back to new settings.
  • Then I update FW to the 25B#2 (Cygnus X-3) firmware.
  • Then I upload, just as a point of reference, say an Austin Buddy bank of Live Gold presets, which were done with a prior firmware version.
Will the AB Live Gold presets automatically update to correlate with the new algorithms in the updated FW?

Austin Buddy said earlier today…

The good news is, as the above link from Cliff states, this firmware 25 public beta 3 will automatically update key amp model parameters -- but installing this version of Cygnus X3 (unlike the prior one) does not requre an amp reset! YAY!

So, installing this will NOT reset any of the amp parameters I custom set (like amp boost, saturation value, input EQ, Graphic EQ, Speaker Comp, dynamics and out comp) made for the TonePack.

That is not to say that Cygnus X3 won't change the existing tone for your Cygnus X2 Naked Amps presets, or maybe alter the output level slightly, of your Naked Amps presets from the last update in Fall 2023. It could.

Yes, I will do an update to Cygnus X3 (probably next Fall). But so far, most adjustments or level changes I'll make should be minor and you can make any tweaks yourself for your key presets.

As always, back up everything -- all your banks -- with FractalBot before you load any new firmware, so you can always revert back.

I guess I should reload the factory presets since I did it the old fashioned way of mass soft resetting the amp block.
You don't have to reload them. Instead, you can use Edit to walk through the presets, using the "Set in Multiple Presets" capability.

Select an innocuous parameter in a preset, like the Out 1 level, or maybe In 1 level, something you know you'd never change, open a preset, then do a Shift+<Right-click> on that particular parameter's label, select the presets you want, and let Edit walk through them.

It'll load them, which will update the Amp block's parameters, and then it'll automatically save the preset. It takes several minutes to walk through the factory presets, but each amp block will retain the tone-control settings they had previously because you did a soft-reset, but the new beta3 defaults will be applied.

That's the process I used for my factory and personal presets.

Remember though that some of the internal changes will cause changes to some amps which will affect their sound, as Cliff mentioned in the "b1" release notes. If you're uncomfortable with automating it then you should still be safe by auditioning the factory presets one-by-one and, if you like the sound, save the preset back to flash memory. Skip to the next if you don't like it.

Last edited:
OK I have a question:

Let's say I have a preset that was created and saved under the last firmware release. Let's say that I adjusted one of the parameters that this beta software would normally apply a new value to. Maybe "Preamp Bias Excursion", for example.

Will the beta software reset or change that value that I adjusted under the previous software? Thanks.

Maybe "Preamp Bias Excursion", for example.
Will the beta software reset or change that value that I adjusted under the previous software? Thanks.
Check the list for each "example." If it's there it will be replaced, but you can decide to enter your value(s) again before you save.

Last edited:
You don't have to reload them. Instead, you can use Edit to walk through the presets, using the "Set in Multiple Presets" capability.

Select an innocuous parameter in a preset, like the Out 1 level, or maybe In 1 level, something you know you'd never change, open a preset, then do a Shift+<Right-click> on that particular parameter's label, select the presets you want, and let Edit walk through them.
Do you need to actually change the value of the level?

Reporting back after 25 cygnus X-3 update:

This thing is so Organically Glorious!, impressive how organically sounding it is now, and how does CC manages to make this thing sound even more organically now. The competition modellers will be for sure eating dust after this.Impressive man, really something else!!!!, Im stayng at each one preset and enjoying playing over it and how it sounds now man!, no need to tweak anything, pure joy

@FractalAudio
I hear a bass/sub-sonic 'thump' when switching between amp channels, I don't think I heard that with Beta 2 if I remember correctly.
B to A in the attached preset below. Gapless switching Off.

1.png
2.png

Attachments

• Axe-Fx III MK II Turbo.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 4
I installed this new version, and noticed few things.
1) Volume is completely different from the previous version (e.g. I matched the volume of triaxis and SLO100 in the previou version, and now SLO sounds a bit too loud in this beta version). Is this intended?
2) Soldano (SLO100) has massive low and lacks the tone around treble / presence zone. Is this also intended?
3) Uberschall model has a bit too small in the volume. Is this intended?
If the above is supposed to be adjusted in the final version, I will wait for updating the version for now.

I installed this new version, and noticed few things.
1) Volume is completely different from the previous version (e.g. I matched the volume of triaxis and SLO100 in the previou version, and now SLO sounds a bit too loud in this beta version). Is this intended?
2) Soldano (SLO100) has massive low and lacks the tone around treble / presence zone. Is this also intended?
3) Uberschall model has a bit too small in the volume. Is this intended?

From the initial beta release notes:
WARNING: THIS FIRMWARE REPRESENTS AN UPDATE TO THE CORE ALGORITHMS AND MAY CHANGE THE SOUND OF YOUR PRESETS. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. IF YOU ARE NOT PREPARED FOR THIS POSSIBILITY THEN IT IS ADVISED TO NOT INSTALL THIS FIRMWARE. IF YOU DO INSTALL THIS FIRMWARE AND IT CHANGES THE SOUND OF YOUR PRESETS AND YOU COME INTO THIS THREAD AND COMPLAIN THAT YOUR PRESETS SOUND DIFFERENT BE PREPARED FOR SHAME AND RIDICULE.

Parameters are being changed, those changes can affect the sound of the amp model. Even though we don't have to do a soft or hard reset changes are still occurring. Don't save the preset if you don't like the change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom