Axe-Fx III Firmware 25.00 Public Beta (Cygnus X-3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read in TGF that Cliff was thinking about making the defaults automatic in the updates in the midst of the x3 conversations. I was hoping that wasn't the case. I like having the reset options to do it or not.

A question I had is whenever we do get to fw 26 would that reset option for the amps still exist or would that be baked into the fw 26?

I read in TGF that Cliff was thinking about making the defaults automatic in the updates in the midst of the x3 conversations. I was hoping that wasn't the case. I like having the reset options to do it or not.
I suspect he may give options and at worst only update 3 or 4 parameters (and maybe flag presets that have received the update).

A question I had is whenever we do get to fw 26 would that reset option for the amps still exist or would that be baked into the fw 26?
IMO, the least amount of problems/questions would arise if it is in every next firmware.
This may not mean it necessarily eats up firmware space -- it might just be loaded temporarily into RAM to execute and be gone.

My Mark IV is not touchy at all. It's very easy to dial in. Maybe you have a defective EQ or your sliders are extremely dirty

I guess you and I have very different opinions on what touchy is. I never said it wasn’t easy to dial in either, so not sure where that came from.

The fender’s are night and day after rebooting them.

Nice...this is the kind of stuff I want to read in this thread.

Given how CX3 appears to be a top-down fundamental re-working of the main amp modelling modules, and that the real amps have been resampled/"remastered", I've been expecting comments like this....keep them coming people.

I don't have a III but am wildly curious as to how people are perceiving this entirely new modelling.....!!

Hi rummellh
TGF is probably not the most reliable source. If Cliff himself posted that, then I stand corrected. Otherwise, it’ll just be others speculating.

Thanks
Pauly

Every so often, some were able to report:
1. Sounds totally great; and
2. No bugs; and
3. Sounds totally great

What’s most amazing, is the prescient warning paragraph from Cliff Chase’ original post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom