Axe-Fx III Firmware 25.00 Public Beta (Cygnus X-3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They should still sound pretty close, obviously no 2 amps sound the same.

Among the already stated reasons why this is never going to be an accurate comparison ( amp vs fractal) how are you planning to set the graphic EQ for, let’s say, -9 on the 750 slider on the real amp? Or plus 2.85 on the 2200 slider? Or + 6 on the 80 hz slider?

Among the already stated reasons why this is never going to be an accurate comparison ( amp vs fractal) how are you planning to set the graphic EQ for, let’s say, -9 on the 750 slider on the real amp? Or plus 2.85 on the 2200 slider? Or + 6 on the 80 hz slider?
By ear, and I disagree I think an expert with both devices should be able to get reasonably close EQ.

By ear, and I disagree I think an expert with both devices should be able to get reasonably close EQ.

By ear? Lol….do you have any idea what kind of monitoring situation you would need to do that accurately? I’ve got a 15,000 dollar genelec system, and im not even sure id attempt that and say “yep this is the same” or “nope it isn’t”…. You are dumbing down a lot of things here out of maybe not understanding what’s involved in doing something like this and making it TRULY accurate. Because, what else could you want other than a test of the level I’m speaking of? Surely, the axe fx has already proven itself to some extent of accuracy to you and many, many others, otherwise we wouldn’t be here. So, I can only assume you want an even HIGHER level of audio testing to show even more so how accurate this thing is, more than just the average “I played them side by side, and they sound the same “ jargon that people do….which means you need everything in place to do that right, and no shortcuts, which means monitoring, and your room more than anything. So, again, I ask, how do you plan to do this “by ear”??

And furthermore, the reason I’m asking specifically about how you plan to accurate mimic the mark IV’s eq in real life compared to the axe fx’s model, is because anyone that has spent anytime with a real mark IV, knows how touchy the graphic eq is, and how much it “moves” just by putting pressure on the graphics sliders themselves without actually “moving” the slider. It’s incredibly touchy, but also extremely difficult to tell how much it actually moved when doing very small minute changes; which is exactly what you would need to be able to do for the type of testing you are asking for. Of all amps, you couldn’t pick a worse one to try and see “how close it is to the real thing”.

By ear? Lol….do you have any idea what kind of monitoring situation you would need to do that accurately? I’ve got a 15,000 dollar genelec system, and im not even sure id attempt that and say “yep this is the same” or “nope it isn’t”…. You are dumbing down a lot of things here out of maybe not understanding what’s involved in doing something like this and making it TRULY accurate. Because, what else could you want other than a test of the level I’m speaking of? Surely, the axe fx has already proven itself to some extent of accuracy to you and many, many others, otherwise we wouldn’t be here. So, I can only assume you want an even HIGHER level of audio testing to show even more so how accurate this thing is, more than just the average “I played them side by side, and they sound the same “ jargon that people do….which means you need everything in place to do that right, and no shortcuts, which means monitoring, and your room more than anything. So, again, I ask, how do you plan to do this “by ear”??
Dude I was just asking for a comparison, I never said I expected every frequency to be exact. By ear is fine for a comparison video.

Dude I was just asking for a comparison, I never said I expected every frequency to be exact. By ear is fine for a comparison video.

The axe has more than proven its accuracy time and time again. You asking for another example detailing this, after a firmware upgrade which is by comparison in the scheme of things, a small tonal change. This is why I said what I said. If you want someone to do this to the level you are asking, it would need to be done right, and would be near impossible, clearly you don’t understand what im saying though.

Last edited:
No, you argued with people about it, and you don’t like my answer. But, cool, im sure someone is just dying to waste their time to do this for you.

The axe has more than proven its accuracy time and time again. You asking for another example detailing this, after a firmware upgrade which is by comparison in the scheme of things, a small tonal change. This is why I said what I said. If you want someone to do this to the level you are asking, it would need to be done right, and would be near impossible, clearly you don’t understand what im saying though.
I understand your points a comparison is impossible. Thanks for your input.

Leon creates great content, I was just asking for something I would like to see. Trust me, I am very thankful for everything Leon does and if it is a waste of his time then am very sorry for making the request.

I don’t think anyone is “mad” at you for making the request, that’s not it at all. I just don’t think everyone realizes truly what you need to do to do something accurately like that when this level of realism is already in the unit itself. That’s why I brought up the graphic eq, that thing is so ungodly sensitive in the real world, and does not move at all like the axe’s graphic on the model: however it definitely sounds I’d say damn near exactly the same regardless in my opinion.

Leon creates great content, I was just asking for something I would like to see. Trust me, I am very thankful for everything Leon does and if it is a waste of his time then am very sorry for making the request.
Yeah, I wasn’t pointing fingers. Always nice when the content creators work their magic! And the chief filthy animal is pretty good at speaking for himself. 😉 🤙🏼

Thank you so much, I will just be making adjustments as needed if needed cause I ain't lookin' back man!
Full speed ahead capitan!!

Edit: After installing I noticed an immediate improvement, presets using the Carol-Ann OD-2 for instance sound even smoother and more rounded like extra gain is present or something, I love it!

Last edited:
I just updated and had a strange thing happen. I use the 59 Bassguy amp for cleans, and I’m finding after the update that the sound cuts off as it’s decaying like the noise gate is engaged, but I can’t get it to allow the note to decay naturally. I went through the thread but didn’t see any mention of it. Is there something about the update that might be affecting that? Thanks!

I just updated and had a strange thing happen. I use the 59 Bassguy amp for cleans, and I’m finding after the update that the sound cuts off as it’s decaying like the noise gate is engaged, but I can’t get it to allow the note to decay naturally. I went through the thread but didn’t see any mention of it. Is there something about the update that might be affecting that? Thanks!
Do you have a noise gate on in the Input block?

The decay on my 59 Bassman preset sounds fine. Which model?

As chris says, turn off the gate (threshold all the way down) and see if that fixes it.

Well, it seems I owe my AxeFx an apology. After pulling my hair out for a couple hours, I realized it was only happening on my presets with an effects loop. So after isolating each pedal in the loop, I discovered that my Meris LVX had a noise gate turned on (I didn’t even know it had one). Meris just released a desktop editor for the LVX, and I must have inadvertently activated it. Yes, I’ll be happy to wear the dunce hat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom