Axe-Fx III Firmware 25.00 Public Beta (Cygnus X-3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
^This

Given the fact this debate has gone on several pages with Fractal experts included, it seems like a WISH for a more granular and streamlined approach is necessary.
When there are so many advanced parameters that can vary, it would be nice to know all of the details.

1) when adding a block, maybe get a popup stating that you are running a new fw code and inquire whether you would like to reset to add the new functionality
2) right click on the amp block and have the capability of seeing which fw code the block is currently using
3) perhaps an option that states that you last created 'x' amp block using a certain amp, would you like to use that again?
4) a conversion utility that could take your block library and re-map them to the new parameters.
Yes!!!!
+++

Here ya go ya filthy animals

I think the Mark amps are sounding more realistic than ever with this latest update, I would love a comparison/shootout between your Mark IV and the Axe-FX III model, using the same speaker cabs/IRs if possible.

I think we still need a prof. comparison. I hope Leon takes some of his old recordings/presets and will do it again.

I would rather get a comparison against real amps since the ultimate goal is for accuracy to the real amp. Comparing against a previous firmware doesn't help us determine if it is more accurate unless they are both compared to the real amps.

Last edited:
I would rather get a comparison against real amps since that the ultimate goal is for accuracy to the real amp. Comparing against a previous firmware doesn't help us determine if it is more accurate unless they are both compared to the real amps.
With which microphone, which cab, which style, which amp? FAS's? Amp comparisons are certainly interesting, and occasionally done very well, but I'm happier hearing the controlled comparison between firmware versions. Perhaps one with amp and both firmwares, but that's a lot to ask of our peers testing, no?

With which microphone, which cab, which style, which amp? FAS's? Amp comparisons are certainly interesting, and occasionally done very well, but I'm happier hearing the controlled comparison between firmware versions. Perhaps one with amp and both firmwares, but that's a lot to ask of our peers testing, no?
For the amp you could only do the comparison if you had the same model amp that exists in the Axe-FX III, you can run them through the same Cab or IR. It is asking a lot but I think it would be interesting. I only brought up the Mark IV since Leon has said on a few occasions that it is one of his favorite amps, so he would be an expert on dialing it in.

For the amp you could only do the comparison if you had the same model amp that exists in the Axe-FX III, you can run them through the same Cab or IR. It is asking a lot but I think it would be interesting. I only brought up the Mark IV since Leon has said on a few occasions that it is one of his favorite amps, so he would be an expert on dialing it in.
But two of the same real amps can sound different, as has been discussed.

Might be interesting maybe, but personally I seriously doubt I'm ever going to stop updating, since I want the new models, modeling, and features, so version vs version shootouts are really just a curiosity.

I think real vs Fractal, both running through the same IR, is totally valid. I'd love to see more vids like that, just generally speaking. That is the whole point of all this, after all.
I think if one has come up with the real thing, there's a joy factor in receipts for accuracy, but not necessarily the whole point. The comparison that @Larry Mitchell did early on sold me on Fractal away from what I'd been doing. Once onboard, I kept my amps, but didn't need additional convincing. :)

I think real vs Fractal, both running through the same IR, is totally valid. I'd love to see more vids like that, just generally speaking. That is the whole point of all this, after all.
Yes but everytime you does that, it ends with “your amp is not my amp”. So the only valid comparaison needs to be done by fractal, with the audio of his head against the sim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom