Axe-Fx III Firmware 25.00 Public Beta (Cygnus X-3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used Fractool. Amp resetter and chose what i wanted to keep. It worked well.
Using Fractool I guess you can pick and choose?
keep in mind: if you're keeping old settings in the amps, you aren't hearing the full impact of the update. a soft-reset or hard-reset of the amps will reset advanced parameters to the new defaults, and then you'll hear what this update has to offer.
If I wanted to reset all the factory presets, can you just highlight them and right click reset amp blocks?

Is this still a beta version or a release?, I hear everyone seems satisfied, should I install?
I just installed 25.00 b2 yesterday and had no discernable differences in my kitchen sink preset. I did do an amp block reset for my preset. The amp I use in that preset is the SLO100 Clean.

THIS FIRMWARE REPRESENTS AN UPDATE TO THE CORE ALGORITHMS AND MAY CHANGE THE SOUND OF YOUR PRESETS. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. IF YOU ARE NOT PREPARED FOR THIS POSSIBILITY THEN IT IS ADVISED TO NOT INSTALL THIS FIRMWARE. IF YOU DO INSTALL THIS FIRMWARE AND IT CHANGES THE SOUND OF YOUR PRESETS AND YOU COME INTO THIS THREAD AND COMPLAIN THAT YOUR PRESETS SOUND DIFFERENT BE PREPARED FOR SHAME AND RIDICULE.

I love this. I work in software and I get so much immense pleasure when I name something "DONT_USE_THIS_OR_IT_WILL_BREAK" and then somebody goes and uses it and gets all uppity that something broke and I get to be all...

1711224463893.png

Spent a few hours today on it.

My experience is that most amps needed redialling in after a soft reset.

Not massive. Mainly minor tweaks to gain levels and tone but not major.

But as others have said - well worth it, more depth to the sound, sweeter high end too.

I did a restore to check for placebo. Nope - sounds that I loved last week just didn’t sound good anymore

Amazing work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom