New DynaCab™ Pack - York Audio 4x12 Recto

Hi. I want to purchase this to use it on my DAW because I like the "moving mic" experience thing. I do not have any Fractal modeler unit, but I'm currently waiting my Ampero unit to be delivered. Can I export the IRs in .wav to use it on the Ampero when playing live/jamming?

Hi. I want to purchase this to use it on my DAW because I like the "moving mic" experience thing. I do not have any Fractal modeler unit, but I'm currently waiting my Ampero unit to be delivered. Can I export the IRs in .wav to use it on the Ampero when playing live/jamming?
You could run the Ampero into your DAW without a cab block and use DynaCabs with Cab Lab 4, but it cannot export files in .wav format. It only exports files that can be used with Fractal units.

https://shop.fractalaudio.com/dynacab-pack-york-audio-4x12-recto/

View attachment 136836
Presenting the first DynaCab Pack from YORK AUDIO! Justin York brings his skills as a producer and engineer to the Cab-Lab 4 platform with impressive results in this highly requested pack.

DynaCab™ Pack - York Audio - 4x12 Recto is based on a 2008 Mesa® 4x12 Standard Straight Oversized Rectifier® speaker cabinet with UK Mesa® spec V30s.

This deluxe pack provides an expanded selection of microphones:

Condenser 47 based on the Telefunken™ U47
Condenser 184 based on a Neumann™ KM 184
Condenser 818 Austrian Audio™ OC818
Condenser LOL67 based on the ADK™ C-LOL 67
Dynamic 421 M based on a modern Sennheiser™ MD421
Dynamic 421 V based on a vintage Sennheiser™ MD421
Dynamic 57 Fred - based on dual Shure™ SM57s in a Fredman™ Clip
Dynamic 57 M based on a modern Shure™ SM57
Dynamic 57 V based on a vintage Shure™ SM57 Unidyne™ III
Dynamic 58 based on Shure™ SM58
Dynamic 69 based on a Beyerdynamic™ M69
Dynamic 906 based on a Sennheiser™ e 906
Dynamic SM7 V based on a vintage Shure™ SM7
Ribbon 121 based on the Royer™ R-121
Ribbon 160 based on the Beyerdynamic™ M160
Ribbon 313 based on the Shure™ KSM313
Bought this and it sounds great!

You could run the Ampero into your DAW without a cab block and use DynaCabs with Cab Lab 4, but it cannot export files in .wav format. It only exports files that can be used with Fractal units.
Thanks. I was thinking about that approach, but as I'm on Windows, I do not know the overall reliability latency wise of the ASIO drivers on the Ampero. But I'm gonna try it as soon as I get my unit.

Hello @York Audio, thanks for the great effort and result as usual!

What do you recommend to use for us to get a good result for some of Paramore songs? Use (almost) a mix with 57, 421 and 121?

Aren't they just IRs at that point, like any other?
No - afaik, proprietary as mentioned above - to go cross-platform I think we'd need export to .wav

Why can't you use CL exported IRs on non Fractal devices?
Fractal prefers them locked to Axfx I guess. Would def be cool to be able to use them in other gear but I'm ok with them locked since its been that way since I 1st started using CL with Fractal pack.

Last edited:
How do you switch to Axe Edit? Is there something you turn off in CabLab like software live mode?
In both, there's the pause communication option. Generally when I'm tuning a speaker I'm not editing patches and vice versa, so it works well. There was no real incentive for me to turn on CabLab with previous versions.

Back
Top Bottom