Axe-Fx III Firmware 25.00 Public Beta (Cygnus X-3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the pace of updates in your gear is your primary concern, you're forgetting that the FM3 is still head and shoulders better modelling than products from any other brand.
Who said I was forgetting ?

So enough of the fm3 lol.

Is there some videos anywhere showing before after tue Cygnus x3.

As Leon is on tour I don’t see any videos explaining the changes lol.

If the pace of updates in your gear is your primary concern, you're forgetting that the FM3 is still head and shoulders better modelling than products from any other brand.
Kind of interesting how priorities are different for each of us.
Each & every time I see a professional player being interviewed they're always asked a similar set of questions, including how do you set your amp or what delay pedal should I be using??? e.g.
They always tend to give the same answer: "Don't worry about the settings kid, if you want to play like me you need to practice those chops!" :cool:

At least wait until it's out of beta!

A beta version was released a mere two days ago and people are already whining and bitching about not having demo videos and updated presets, and firmware rolldowns to other products?
100% IIRC the original Cygnus ended up being like 9 or 10 betas over 4 to 6 week period until Fractal was happy to release it officially.

In France an axe 3 plus a simple fc6 is about 3650$ so that’s a bit expensive for updates.
And the « fm3 celeron » starts at at about 1600$.

So as a fool thought it was enough budget.
OT: I was just lucky that I had money and could already see through the forum that there were fewer updates and features. I would have liked clearer communication from Fractal for decision-making. But who does that voluntarily ...

A beta version was released a mere two days ago and people are already whining and bitching about not having demo videos and updated presets, and firmware rolldowns to other products?

...I think that was more of a humorous remark about Leon's legendary punctuality as opposed to a complaint!

I just got back into town and won't be able to play with this until tomorrow, but here's my plan:

Hard-reset everything and never look back. Pull up a preset and play for a while. If it has too much bass, turn down the bass.

A beta version was released a mere two days ago and people are whining and bitching about demo videos and having updated presets and firmware rolldowns to other products already?
...I think that was more of a humorous remark about Leon's legendary punctuality as opposed to a complaint!

I just got back into town and won't be able to play with this until tomorrow, but here's my plan:

Hard-reset everything and never look back. Pull up a preset and play for a while. If it has too much bass, turn down the bass.
yes it was, but apparently now it's called whining and bitchin :)

Sometimes. Adding a PPIMV into a real amp is a tweak that can often sound “better” than using a power brake when lowering dB is a goal. Turning the PPIMV pot to full takes it essentially out of the circuit.
Oops, forgot to write the concluding sentence:
I cannot imagine why I would ever need to simulate a PPIMV into an FA model. I already have an Output control.

OT: I was just lucky that I had money and could already see through the forum that there were fewer updates and features. I would have liked clearer communication from Fractal for decision-making. But who does that voluntarily ...
It's not that bad really, and only logical that it becomes more difficult to improve the unit (it's already excellent and memory/CPU has its limits).
Every 1% it can still be improved is HUGE now, IMO.
I terribly appreciate Cliff is still interested in improving the core algorithms and is not cramming the unit with bass amps, and the like... :p One day there may be room for that, but the recent work has been more valuable (core algorithms, gapless, DynaCab, ...) and very taxing, I'm sure...

Thank you Cliff and Staff!!! No Issues so far with any of the presets I've checked!! I’m loving the Update to be completely honest, I’m in it for any improvement to getting closer to "the real thing", I get a wider sound overall with this Firmware, to my ears at least! Best!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom