FC-6 Sidecar: Total Success

The one GT/22 feature I wish the FCs would adopt is the hold-to-select-block-channel feature. On the GT/22 you can hold an IA switch to bring up a "channel picker" view for the block where you can pick the block's channel. It's amazing.
I'd like that, I think more than the current cycling method.

Wouldn't it be interesting if there was a "headless" version of the FM9, that was nothing more than a small pedalboard-friendly box with jacks and a single power LED? Just basically a A/D and D/A box with the DSPs for all the processing. It wouldn't need displays, switches, or anything else.
Even better... if you could have the DSP and ins/outs in a 1U rack chassis in the backline, the footswitches on the floor in front of you, and the display and knobs in a small box attached to your mic stand, so you could easily use the performance controls without bending over? That would be the pinnacle of convenience.

Even better... if you could have the DSP and ins/outs in a 1U rack chassis in the backline, the footswitches on the floor in front of you, and the display and knobs in a small box attached to your mic stand, so you could easily use the performance controls without bending over? That would be the pinnacle of convenience.
Blue tooth and a full featured app will accomplish this.

These days, I'm pretty much just playing church gigs out, so stage space isn't an issue at all- I have tons of room- but yea, I completely agree with OP's point- having another FC available to augment your primary FC (or FM9) is fantastic. I've been using a dual FC setup for quite a while now- pretty much since the FC-12 first became available- by using the FC12 for Scenes and Control Switches, and the FC-6 as banks, presets, and looper controls. The 12 also does individual effects through another layout. It's super handy, and it'd be hard to move to anything else. When I'm lazy, I just take my FM9, but when I do, I really do miss the flexibility of the big board. It weighs a bit, but less than any individual amp that I own, and it's easy to transport with one of those foldable carts, and it's not like I'm really traveling with it... anyways, yea, my board:
BigBoard and guitars.JPG

I use my FC-6 as a sidecar for my Police Tribute band- I have multiple delay divisions set up up for instant access- tapout the tempo, select division, off we go!!! Works beautifully, especially since leader constantly calls audibles.

View attachment 137169
Cool idea to set that up with delay subdivisions! Do you use channels for that, I'm guessing?

I use my FC-6 as a sidecar for my Police Tribute band- I have multiple delay divisions set up up for instant access- tapout the tempo, select division, off we go!!! Works beautifully, especially since leader constantly calls audibles.

View attachment 137169
I'm even using an orange XLR for my FC6 sidecar! :D

For Friday's gig, I'll have tuner, tap tempo and sticky reveal under first row switches on the FC6. It'll still be setup to show 6 scenes for me.

This is my current setup:
20240217_185643.jpg

I have been giving serious thought to shelving the Duo 24 in favor of a Duo 34, and moving pedals 1-3 over to the FM9 board to run in the pedal jacks of the FM9, since those are my three critical, must-have pedals. I'd stick the Expression IO underneath the Duo 34 board to run the buttons I use all the time (the ones with the colored button toppers) that currently reside on the FC6 board, and stick the FC6 and pedal 4 onto the Duo 17 I have hanging around. Then the optional "sidecar" board would need just an AC plug (to power the lights) and a FASLINK II plug to be operational....
how did you mount the fc-6 and the fm9 on the pedalboard?

I do use some of these ones here
1000034217.jpg

Back
Top Bottom