Dan Campbell FTL

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
Geesh dude, take the freakin' points.

I'm screaming at the TV "Take the points!!!". Nope, gonna go for it even though the offense has only managed a paltry 42 yards so far in the second half. Statistics man!!! If you're offense is not performing then don't gamble the game on the chance that they're suddenly going to perform.

And by not making it he also gave SF good field position.

Can't count how many times this season I've lost my mind because these coaches go for it on 4th instead of taking the easy 3. Seems it almost always comes back to haunt them, yet they continue to do it (Sean McDermot cough cough).

They did the same thing when they played Dallas I can’t believe they did that. It might have been a totally different outcome. I was yelling at the tv can’t believe the did that angain ugh!

The kicker was looking good they screwed up but I’m an arm chair Quarterback. Lol

Geesh dude, take the freakin' points.

I'm screaming at the TV "Take the points!!!". Nope, gonna go for it even though the offense has only managed a paltry 42 yards so far in the second half. Statistics man!!! If you're offense is not performing then don't gamble the game on the chance that they're suddenly going to perform.

And by not making it he also gave SF good field position.

Agree not kicking FGs Was a mistake. As was clock management at the end... Dan Campbell didn't go for it on 4th because analytics. It was because he's been aggressive all season and he has faith in his players. If he went on 4th because of analytics, he would have at 4th and goal at the 1 just before end of 1st half (he didn't, he kicked FG).

But they lost because of Gibbs fumble, Jameson Williams letting a TD pass go through his hands, Goff grossly under thrown trick play pass, other Goff missed passes, and other DET drops... Aiyuk's crazy lucky catch off a facemask, (DET not intercepting that pass), Purdy luckily completing unwise passes, etc.

Last edited:
I was happy just to see the Lions did as well as they did it’s been a long time. Hopefully they will make a good showing in the next season.

Yeah leaving points on the board in that situation was not a good call. Especially when you're struggling offensively.

"Taking the points," "Leaving points on the board." Assumes these FG's were automatic. They weren't! Have you familiarized yourself with the Lions' kicker?

Lot's of Monday morning quarterbacking going on here in Detroit, including if Josh Reynolds catches that pass on 4th down, we likely aren't having this discussion. For the record, I would've kicked the FG.

A great season regardless and we now have some hope going forward!

I know you make the decision in the moment, but one of those two I would've taken the points. But DC was true to himself. And yea, any number of other plays that could've also given the Lions the win.

As for the Ravens... yeesh.

Back
Top Bottom