Looking for a guitar that can handle the change of seasons better.

Sorry. Carbon fiber rods reinforcing the truss, which in my mind almost makes the truss inconsequential.
Cool. I didn’t know that was a thing. I’ve seen carbon rods in their own channels in the neck, but not reinforcing the truss rod itself.

Cool. I didn’t know that was a thing. I’ve seen carbon rods in their own channels in the neck, but not reinforcing the truss rod itself.

That's what I'm meaning. The rods are in channels on both sides of the truss. I guess technically they are reinforcing the neck rather than the truss, sorry, poor communicating from me.

I'm at 24 guitars I think? Somewhere around there. Live in N Denver. Every 6 months it's like an event :sob:. Mostly just a bit of a truss rod adjustment, but still....
Thanks,

The variations from one season to the next aren’t the worst, and I can deal if needed.

If there was something out there that does a great job spoiling this issue, which it sounds like there might be, then I would like to look into it.

The way I understand flame maple, and please someone correct me if I am not correct, is that the’flame’ Is in part due to density differences in the wood. Looks great on a PRS, but I think that is a big part of having to futz with this particular guitar as often as I do.

That's what I'm meaning. The rods are in channels on both sides of the truss. I guess technically they are reinforcing the neck rather than the truss, sorry, poor communicating from me.
That is really cool. Thank you for the explanation. I will need to find some of these. I think that is what the revstar guitars (among others) do.

Ah, now I get it. Thanks.

+1 Aristides

Have had this since June 2022 and have not needed to adjust the neck. Between that and the Evertune I only tune it when I change the strings. Incredibly stable and a joy to play. I have some pretty nice guitars but this one plays the best, no contest.

While most of Aristides stuff tends to look pretty modern, they do make a T style that can be specced out to look more vintage if that's your jam. Unfortunately, not really stuff you can go pull off the rack somewhere and test out before diving in.

I live in the SF Bay Area so climate doesn't tend to swing from one extreme to the other. My other guitars do tend to need seasonal adjustments when the heater or AC gets run more frequently.
IMG_0487.jpg

+1 Aristides

Have had this since June 2022 and have not needed to adjust the neck. Between that and the Evertune I only tune it when I change the strings. Incredibly stable and a joy to play. I have some pretty nice guitars but this one plays the best, no contest.

While most of Aristides stuff tends to look pretty modern, they do make a T style that can be specced out to look more vintage if that's your jam. Unfortunately, not really stuff you can go pull off the rack somewhere and test out before diving in.

I live in the SF Bay Area so climate doesn't tend to swing from one extreme to the other. My other guitars do tend to need seasonal adjustments when the heater or AC gets run more frequently.
View attachment 133670
That is a great looking guitar

Back
Top Bottom