Have to turn bass amp volume really high for unity gain

MackieFX

Experienced
Is this normal, on the SV-Bass 1 amp Im at gain 8 and master 6-7 to make unity gain with a -12dB level.

Dont have to crank it this hard with guitars.

The concept of unity gain does not apply to amp models. Dial in the gain and master to taste then increase/decrease level to get the desired output level.
Yeah my phrasing was incorrect. I mean to read 0dB on the output level block.

I suppose my real question is, in the real world, is it common to have a bass amp master level at 7-8.

As I know with guitar amps that can be a detriment depending on the model.

That’s typically too high I would think for Bass amps (& many guitar amps for that matter).

In the axe we tweak the gain and master controls to achieve a desired tone.

And use the output level to control overall volume

You can’t get to unity by lowering the master volume and increasing the output level?

Is this normal, on the SV-Bass 1 amp Im at gain 8 and master 6-7 to make unity gain with a -12dB level.

Dont have to crank it this hard with guitars.
just turn up the Level parameter instead of leaving it at -12dB. gain and master volume completely skew what "-12dB" means on the level parameter.

i don't worry about the resulting number for Level, i just turn it to what i need.

I can, I just barely ever touch the level control - learning something new all the time :D
The Level control of the Amp block is the best one for preset volume leveling, in my opinion (and also I think in Fractal's since that is the one included in the Preset Leveling Tool).

The Input Drive, Overdrive and Master Volume should be used to make the amp sound how you want. The Level control is there to make that sound the volume you want.

The Level control of the Amp block is the best one for preset volume leveling, in my opinion (and also I think in Fractal's since that is the one included in the Preset Leveling Tool).

The Input Drive, Overdrive and Master Volume should be used to make the amp sound how you want. The Level control is there to make that sound the volume you want.

This 👆🏼….precisely

Back
Top Bottom