Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 19.07

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't talking to you. The other user is claiming Scene Revert doesn't work properly.
Who? - A few have mentioned it - I posted above about what I think is an issue with scene revert not working with PC Mapping + Ignore Redundant preset ON - didn't attach a preset as a PC Mapping needs to be set up to reproduce it but I'll attach one if needed.

Who? - A few have mentioned it - I posted above about what I think is an issue with scene revert not working with PC Mapping + Ignore Redundant preset ON - didn't attach a preset as a PC Mapping needs to be set up to reproduce it but I'll attach one if needed.
He quoted the guy in his reply about the Scene Revert. FYI, you can click on the up arrow in a circle that's in quotes and it'll take you to the post that's being quoted. It's a helpful way to get through a thread with multiple lines of conversation :)

1652198717156.png

He quoted the guy in his reply about the Scene Revert. FYI, you can click on the up arrow in a circle that's in quotes and it'll take you to the post that's being quoted. It's a helpful way to get through a thread with multiple lines of conversation :)

View attachment 101608
Thanks - Ya - did see that - just not sure which user he meant in his subsequent / last post since I was the one who had initially posted here wrt scene revert - so I guess no response to mine - maybe I'm on his ignore list lol!

Last edited:
Had a tough time with the 19.07 update. Never had any of this happen before. Eventually got it to take, but took me 5 or 6 tries to get it to complete the update.
1. Downloaded latest firmware 19.07.
2. Extracted syx file.
3. With Axe Edit open (v 1.11.01), I switched to an empty preset.
4. From within Axe Edit, I opened Fractal Bot
5. Loaded syx file for 19.07
6. Began file transfer
7. At 99% (or maybe even 100%) I got pop ups cascading all with the same message. After about 25-30 of them had opened, I started clicking on them, when I did, they stopped propagating. Here is the print screen after I had closed about half of them:
View attachment 101450

8. Shut down Fractal Bot, shut down Axe Edit.
9. Opened Fractal Bot standalone.
10. Loaded 19.07 update file and clicked Begin.
11. The system got to about 46% and it produced a single pop up error and exited execution. Here is the print screen:
View attachment 101451

12. System was on, was connected, did not have any power interruptions (it has several layers of power back up).
13. Tried same thing again, this time it got to about 98% and gave same pop up message and exited.
14. Turned Axe FXIII off, waited 20 seconds or so, turned it back on. It came up properly with FW 19.06.
15. Closed Fractal Bot and reopened stand alone version.
16. Tried to run 19.07 again, this time letting it download latest copy.
17. Same message at about 84%.
18. Shut down Fractal Bot, shut down Axe FXIII, restarted computer.
19. After Windows restart, powered Axe FXIII on again. It came up properly with FW 19.06
20. Started Fractal Bot, instructed it to download latest firmware, then hit Begin to start update.
21. Update completed successfully and FW 19.07 seems to be running smoothly, but I had very limited time to test it.

System is Windows 10 Pro 64bit
32 GB DDR4 RAM
M.2 system drive with 70% free space
Intel® Core™ i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz (6 cores, 12 threads)
Asus X99 Sabertooth MB

No other programs were running at the time of these attempts, I had specifically closed all open programs before attempting these updates. Fractal Bot is version 3.0.13.

Hopefully, nobody else will run into this, but if you do, restart everything and start from scratch with Fractal Bot only is the best I can say if this does happen to you!
Same thing happened to me, after several tries, a reboot and more tries, I changed the usb cord and success was attained. It was very odd to see!

Why don't you try it and see if it works. If it doesn't work post a preset and details on how to recreate the problem and we'll take a look.
Thanks for the reply, Cliff! I admittedly haven’t tried using it for some time now since I wasn’t having too much success with it then (since around the time I got the the iii and FC12 to 16.04 I think), so I’ve been using other means for gain staging while using a pedal platform setup and haven’t given it too much thought. Just thought I’d bring it up because I thought that’s what the other user was talking about. I hope I didn’t muddy the waters though, as his situation may be different if I’m reading correctly now.
I really do appreciate all of your hard work very, very much though! I love these units (Axe iii and FM9) and am very thankful to the Lord to have them, as well as a team who works so hard to continue the progress of them! :)
I’ll try to revisit that and see if I can replicate it easily and post a preset. Once again, I didn’t mean to muddy the waters, as I’ve been so content using the units that it hadn’t crossed my mind until I read “scene revert”.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom