Why not Rivera?

Before I sold everything and bought an Axe Fx III, I had a Rivera Rock Crusher Recording...that thing was great - not just the fact that attenuation didn't lose tone, but also the EQ gave lots of IR options - great for recording!

Slightly off topic, but...

I tried a Rivera combo sometime in the mid 90s; I have no idea what it was, but it was incredible. The tone made me think of what I would now equate to a Friedman BE, or something like that.

I reckon I'm in the 'what for?' column. Development time is truly the resource we all are at the mercy of in our beloved Axe-Fx.

What's special about the Rivera line that you can't get from the myriad of sims available?

For example, I see lot's of clamoring for ADA MP-1. A sound which is easily achievable, and bettered by the Brit sims. IMO.

Oh my god, just let FAS decide what they want to dedicate their resources to. Someone does not have jump in to every single solitary request for anything with a defense of Fractal’s resources because you disagree with how great the wish is. I’m sure for every wish you put up some guy will tell you it’s a waste of time. If Cliff thinks any idea is a waste of time, he’ll decide it instantly and go on to something awesome. No harm in bringing up ideas here. This is a forum for just that purpose. And if this is the wrong section of the forum, do we really need the forum police to come in with a thoroughly rotten attitude to sour it? If it’s so offensive for someone to wish for a brand of amp you think is a bad idea, you can always skip over that thread.

Oh my god, just let FAS decide what they want to dedicate their resources to. Someone does not have jump in to every single solitary request for anything with a defense of Fractal’s resources because you disagree with how great the wish is. I’m sure for every wish you put up some guy will tell you it’s a waste of time. If Cliff thinks any idea is a waste of time, he’ll decide it instantly and go on to something awesome. No harm in bringing up ideas here. This is a forum for just that purpose. And if this is the wrong section of the forum, do we really need the forum police to come in with a thoroughly rotten attitude to sour it? If it’s so offensive for someone to wish for a brand of amp you think is a bad idea, you can always skip over that thread.
So, DONT DISCUSS ON THE DISCUSSIN' FORUM!!

Man, do you just jump on every forum you're on, act rudely, then end up yelling?
Kinda.

But can you address your point? I think my perspective is valid. Your response seems to me, to be defensive without a real defense.

Nobody (including me) wants to squash your ideas or wish-list...but when you comment on a discussion forum, you should be ready to have a discussion.

I reckon I'm in the 'what for?' column. Development time is truly the resource we all are at the mercy of in our beloved Axe-Fx.

What's special about the Rivera line that you can't get from the myriad of sims available?

For example, I see lot's of clamoring for ADA MP-1. A sound which is easily achievable, and bettered by the Brit sims. IMO.
As a previous owner of the ADA, I don't think the brit sims really capture it. It didn't sound that great tbh but it had its own flavor and there's a set of Nuno/Friedman/Hammett sounds you can't get as easily with anything else.

Before you ask what's special about Rivera, you should play on a few to decide what is special or not instead of dismissing it with no experience with it.

At this point I'd rather the team focus on more usability awesomeness and more effects.

300 amps and they all get me to the same varying degrees of clean and dirty.

Reactions: JTI
At this point I'd rather the team focus on more usability awesomeness and more effects.

Especially after I've tweaked them all. I guess there's a sound in my head that I dial all the amps to. Maybe I'll call it the "Tonedeaf Tone". You guys would not like it. It's too warm because I play alone and don't have to worry about cutting through a mix.

Especially after I've tweaked them all. I guess there's a sound in my head that I dial all the amps to. Maybe I'll call it the "Tonedeaf Tone". You guys would not like it. It's too warm because I play alone and don't have to worry about cutting through a mix.
Probably me too, guilty as charged...

Agreed. And if they don't you have all these tools to shape the sound further:
  • Input EQ
  • Output EQ
  • Advanced amp params
  • Ideal tab params that don't exist on the real amp
  • Graphic EQ before/after amp
  • Parametric EQ before/after amp
  • Filter block
  • All the stuff the Cab block offers
I get people wanting more amps as it's nice to have your absolute favorite amp in a nice preset option. But with the sheer amount of amps, there's usually a way to tweak one of the existing models to sound like your favorite amp or close enough. Once you get it right, save it to your block library for instant recall.

So can I complain its in the wrong place if its a wish? ;)
Before you ask what's special about Rivera, you should play on a few to decide what is special or not instead of dismissing it with no experience with it.
Yep i’ll go right to the deale-waitaminute, ive only seen 5 for sale in 10 years and the only people I know with them dont live in my country.

Back
Top Bottom