Epic 80's Song that needs recognition

Yup! - April Wine goes way back to the early 70s
Yes. I had some of my first taste of "real" rock music (after I, as a kid, graduated from Partridge Family & Osmonds) when I heard April Wine's Coulda Been A Lady on a K-Tel Record of The Hits! Haha. (I still have that record!)

(well except for that 70s stuff)!
Referring to April Wine - "I Like to Rock" or Rush Tom Sawyer/Red Barchetta"?? - hmmm, well I did a very thorough examination of the opening post's requirements and have determined that all these songs doo indeedly qualify with Rush Moving Pictures being released in 81 (though I guess these Rush songs may not be considered by some (k well "many") as underrated) and April Wine's Harder Faster album being recorded in 79 and falling off the Billboard charts by December of that year BUT (and a very big BUT it is sir) still charting in the UK well into 1980 there by just scootching into 80s territory and thread qualification I do believe eh!

Last edited:
Not bad, but Y&T had much better tunes on Mean Streak or Black Tiger.

Gonna disagree here. Summertime Girls is an iconic song. I still resist the impulse to raise my hands in the air when I hear the intro. Most guitarists (if kind) call this song 'accessible'.

Yes, the other songs are better as guitar renditions, but the solo tone on STG is still pretty incredible.

Gonna disagree here. Summertime Girls is an iconic song. I still resist the impulse to raise my hands in the air when I hear the intro. Most guitarists (if kind) call this song 'accessible'.

Yes, the other songs are better as guitar renditions, but the solo tone on STG is still pretty incredible.
Yeah, that and the way the drums are used make it a complete summertime anthem.

For Y&T I'd go with Temptation.

For Triumph I'd go for Fight the Good Fight and Never Surrender.

I think Tesla's Hang Tough is one of the most epic songs I've ever heard; it's huge sounding. It sounds like a million guitars. Steve Thompson and Michael Barbiero, when they worked together, were able to make anything sound incredible. Really the whole The Great Radio Controversy album is great.

For The Cult I'd go with Fire Woman.

We Stand Alone - Killer Dwarfs

And the first Company of Wolves album (although I think released end of the 80s or right at start of 90s).

Great!! They made awesome vids!

Was looking for this one earlier - with the box - lol! - Russ - a true madman of Rock and Roll

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom