Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.08 Public Beta 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not test using one frequency only. Did you see the link? I tested with single-notes, fast picking, legato, bends, hammer-ons, with sound clips where the REAL raw guitar audio is tracked by a synth: ( bit.ly/2So8Tq7 )

It certainly sounds good from the clips.

I was just asking if you tried that before dismissing it, a more aggressive high-cut could help mask that modulation you don't like, besides making it sound closer to Sound Designer
All I'm getting from this approach is even less similarity to a real spring reverb. Turned the hi cut down to 1 kHz, here's the result. Used Austin Buddy's 70s Silver Twin preset for this and placed the reverb (Deluxe Spring Reverb) between Amp and Cab.

Attachments

• AXE FX III SPRING REVERB HI CUT 1kHz.mp3.zip
    329.2 KB · Views: 14
The general 'wisdom' is to put the spring reverb in front of the amp block. Just like the spring reverb in tube amps sit in front of the power tubes. That might help? It also reduces some of that extreme 'drippiness' that I also don't really recognize from my tube amp days.

The general 'wisdom' is to put the spring reverb in front of the amp block. Just like the spring reverb in tube amps sit in front of the power tubes. That might help? It also reduces some of that extreme 'drippiness' that I also don't really recognize from my tube amp days.
Thanks, but tried that as well, doesn't really help. (BTW even the great Austin Buddy puts his Spring Reverb behind the cab block in his Naked Amp presets, so it's probably not general wisdom...)

Now this depends on how you define "general wisdom" ;-) Probably someone should tell Austin Buddy then. Thanks for the link, but, again, doesn't really improve things for me.
AB can do what he wants. That doesn’t prove or disprove anything.

I know this will get into the territory of Axe-FX's intended scope but I dream of pitch-to-MIDI capabilities in the III. With all the attention that the pitch block is getting, it would be amazing for the III to be able to trigger VSTi's and such. I also wonder if the forthcoming pitch block improvements could have implications for the synth block beyond improved tracking.

+1 on this, that would be SUPER cool and fun, not to mention helpful 😀
I second the idea of having this a global parameter. Even better if the global parameter could be assigned to an FC controller switch and cycle through a range of tunings (not just A/B). Let the user define their range of tunings and then the switch increment up/down through that range (e.g. +1 through -4)

Reactions: jon
I've been reading all this great news about this update. What risk, if any, exists from installing the beta? I tested the limits of my patience last month when I lasted a full three weeks on the FM3 wait list before ordering the III.

I've been reading all this great news about this update. What risk, if any, exists from installing the beta? I tested the limits of my patience last month when I lasted a full three weeks on the FM3 wait list before ordering the III.

If you have your presets backed up, zero. If not, almost zero risk. Stop asking questions and try it already. 😆

Do a full backup first. If you don’t like the beta, reload the previous firmware then reload all the backup files the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom