FM3 with Pedals- Tutorial and Demo

Axe-Master
For anyone wanting to integrate other pedals with their FM3, I made this video covering setup, connections and programming using three of my favourite pedals - a custom fuzz, an Eventide H9 and the Poly Digit. It also doubles up as a tutorial on the midi block and how to create an effects loop using in2/out2.

Hi Leon, as always magic tone.
I just received my invite for the full FM3 on Friday, but still considering pulling the trigger. I have a question about your video, but first some context: I have the AF3. I kept my vintage amps and all of my classic pedals owned for yonks, but only use a Boonar in an AF3 fx loop. Also, sold my two H9’s when I bought my first Axe Fx. Is there a functional reason (ie. processing power, quality, etc.) to combine the H9 with the FM3, or do you just like to use both? I suppose that I’m checking if the similar functions on the FM3 are less preferable to use, for some tangible reason. Perhaps it’s simply that the FM3 has a small enough footprint, that it makes sense to have some other fun bits on the board? Thanks again.

@skydog it's all mostly for fun - the H9 sounds in particular are pretty straightforward to cop with the FM3 but it does offer up the ability to blend sounds (eg a spring reverb from the FM3 with the blackhole verb from the H9).

The Digit is cool since it has the touch screen UI, convolution reverb and some really interesting granular/time stretch modules but I'd use that more in the studio or at home for weird sounds than for anything I'd do a show with.

Really cool. Thanks heaps.
I’m springing for the FM3, but now you’ve got me putting on my board. I appreciate the help.

Back
Top Bottom