Impulses conversion

thanosgtr

Hello guys
Just a quick question.i use axe edit to upload my purchased implulse responces to my axe fx ii xl+.
Does this ensure that they are convrerted to ultra res format?

I don’t believe Axe edit does any conversions.....only imports the IR’s into the Axe FX. Cab Lab however can give you flexibility on how you want the IR to end up.

I don’t believe Axe edit does any conversions.....only imports the IR’s into the Axe FX. Cab Lab however can give you flexibility on how you want the IR to end up.
I think Axe Edit will now automatically convert WAV to SYX when importing.

You can use Cab Lab Lite to do that, too.

I think Axe Edit will now automatically convert WAV to SYX when importing.

You can use Cab Lab Lite to do that, too.

He was inquiring about ultra res IRS’s. I don’t think Axe Edit will change formats. Cab Lab/light will give you format options.

He was inquiring about ultra res IRS’s. I don’t think Axe Edit will change formats. Cab Lab/light will give you format options.
I wasn't sure exactly what was being asked because some cab packs come only in WAV format... I assumed he meant converting from WAV to Ultra Res SYX, which I believe Axe-Edit will do if the WAV files are correct length.

I agree that it won't convert from one type (such as Normal Res) to another. I am not sure even full Cab Lab can do that... Except maybe to a lower resolution.

Hello
Thank you guys for the responces.
Just to clarify ,my question is if uploading the impulses(wav files of mainly ownhammer and york audio cab packs) through axe edit "makes"them ultra res or regular res.
I hope i make sense because i can't seem to wrap my head around the impulse responce thing(ultra res vs normal res or mpt vs non mpt etc).

For example lets say that i want to import some impulses from the heavy hitters collection.i choose the 48000 hz wav file and using axe edit i upload them to the axe fx.are these cabs now in ultra res format?

For example lets say that i want to import some impulses from the heavy hitters collection.i choose the 48000 hz wav file and using axe edit i upload them to the axe fx.are these cabs now in ultra res format?
I think maybe just try one and see... I have not used any cab packs in a while that required conversion, and definitely not since Axe-Edit had the ability to convert them.

Hello guys
Just a quick question.i use axe edit to upload my purchased implulse responces to my axe fx ii xl+.
Does this ensure that they are convrerted to ultra res format?

As far as I remember are UltraRes ir's written in italic letters in Axe Edit.

Yes ultrares are in Italic font.
@unix-guy probably wasn't aware this is a discussion relative to the axe fx II, the different colors are only on the axe fx III.
Ah... Yes, I totally forgot we were talking about Axe Fx II.

Thanks for the correction!

Sorry for any confusion.

How are you guys using Axe Edit for the II to convert .wav files to .syx IR files?
Isn't that a feature only available on the III with its version of Axe Edit?
I.e. When *I* use the latest version of Axe Edit with my II and call up Cab Manager, it will import .syx files but will not convert .wav to .syx.
What am I missing?

Then what am I doing wrong, because .wav and .IR files are greyed out when I try to use Axe Edit to import them into my Axe-FXII using Cab Manager?
No problem with .syx files.
I'm running the most current versions of both.

Then what am I doing wrong, because .wav and .IR files are greyed out when I try to use Axe Edit to import them into my Axe-FXII using Cab Manager?
No problem with .syx files.
I'm running the most current versions of both.
I think it's a drag and drop thing... Not sure about next import.

No longer have an Axe Fx II.

Back
Top Bottom