Wireless Options/Connections for FC12/6

This thing may do the job http://pandamidi.com/midibeam but isnt bidireccional what means you dont will have tuner etc etc.

for power, you can use a third-party adapter rated at 9–12V DC, 1000 ma, negative center, 2.5mm barrel. or a powerbank with custom cable Usb to negative center, 2.5mm barrel

I dont know if you can provide electricity over usb in the FC, the manual dosnt tell us anything about this

This thing may do the job http://pandamidi.com/midibeam but isnt bidireccional what means you dont will have tuner etc etc.

for power, you can use a third-party adapter rated at 9–12V DC, 1000 ma, negative center, 2.5mm barrel. or a powerbank with custom cable Usb to negative center, 2.5mm barrel

I dont know if you can provide electricity over usb in the FC, the manual dosnt tell us anything about this
The FCs don't have midi DIN sockets and probably the communication is not even comparable to standard midi.

Reactions: Rex
Second reason is: You still need a power supply. Cliff somehow is a genius but I doubt he found a solution for "power over air" .

Well, both ends of this wireless XLR have SOME power in internal batteries allowing it to function at all. No idea how this compares to power specs of a plain cable.

The FCs don't have midi DIN sockets and probably the communication is not even comparable to standard midi.
This. The FC6 and FC12 aren't MIDI devices, so MIDI wireless units won't work.

Just because it’s an XLR jack doesn’t mean you can use it for anything an XLR jack connects to.

I’m pretty sure you can’t (and shouldn’t) make the FC wireless.

Guess we would have to put this on the wish list for Fractal Audio. Built in Bluetooth for all fractal products. As far as power to the FC rechargable lithium battery pack on the order of power tools but a smaller version of battery. Yeah it sure would be cool.

In my experience there are numerous WiFi and Bluetooth signals present at any live gig, even relatively small events. These extraneous WiFi and Bluetooth signals often cause conflicts with audio gear that also use WiFi and/or Bluetooth communication methods, causing dropouts that can cause serious issues during a gig. So, for me, I would prefer to use a fixed cable to connect audio equipment of one kind to another until WiIFI and Bluetooth connection dropouts due to conflicting signals can be prevented.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom