Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 3.02

Status
Not open for further replies.
The odd thing is, prior to a few firmware releases ago, I was the exact opposite. I have tried the amp boost and did not like it nearly as much as the TS808 mod drive just before the amp. Not really sure what changed. I dont know if I found the magic formula or if it was a change that Cliff made to the modeling. No idea.

Not sure either what changed. Ever since 3.01 came out the neck pickup on my Prs Mira really came alive. So now the pickup I always avoided has become the one I keep going to. I completely forgot about the amp boost and need to give that a try also. I can't keep up with all the awesome features!

Hi guys !
The update is amazing but I have a problem with the Tube Driver 4 knob.
I'm a sick fan of Gilmour, so I use the TD 4 knob.
After the update I noticed that the Low Cut is different and that even if you set it to the maximum, the pedal mixes only on the bass.
Before I could get the sound identical to 94 (Pulse)!
How can I solve? please help me!
( Axe III )
Are you saying that the range of the low cut control is limited compared to the previous firmware?
Or maybe the updated model has more low frequencies than before?

Is the Micro Boost still the drive with the cleanest boost, meaning most headroom and least contoured?

I’m assuming the Clip Type HV Tube means “high voltage” tube? Would this setting on the Micro Boost give the most headroom with the smoothest clip setting? Or is there a better combination of drive model and clip type for a high headroom preamp type drive for use before a high gain amp?

Also why did Clip Hardness become Clip Shape and still uses a numeric value? Is Clip Shape in reference to a wave form or a scale?

Is the Micro Boost still the drive with the cleanest boost, meaning cleanest and least contoured?

I’m assuming the Clip Type HV Tube means “high voltage” tube? Would this setting on the Micro Boost give the most headroom with the smoothest clip setting? Or is there a better combination of drive model and clip type for a high headroom preamp type drive for use before a high gain amp?

Also why did Clip Hardness become Clip Shape and still uses a numeric value? Is Clip Shape in reference to a wave form or a scale?

If you want a clean boost, it might just be easier to use an EQ block and set the level to taste. You have as much or as little control over tone shaping that way. I sometime prefers that to a drive block if all I want is more level and some minor EQ moves.

If you want a clean boost, it might just be easier to use an EQ block and set the level to taste. You have as much or as little control over tone shaping that way. I sometime prefers that to a drive block if all I want is more level and some minor EQ moves.

Thanks for the suggestion, I was using a Filter Block on Null before, as per another user suggestion. But the HV Tube Clip Type on the Micro Boost seems to be doing something nice to the transients.

I’m guessing the Filter and EQ blocks have the same headroom and transparency, anybody know if that’s true?

Is the Micro Boost still the drive with the cleanest boost, meaning most headroom and least contoured?

For a good clean boost, try use one of the the Input Boost options on the Amp Block:
https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx...ck#INPUT_BOOST_.2F_BOOST_TYPE_.2F_BOOST_LEVEL

I personally prefer the Micro Boost myself as I like the way it helps my guitars cut through the mix with a little more definition. Having said that, I find the new drives are very, very nice with plenty of headroom. Try the Heartpedal with a very low Drive setting. I'm experimenting with that but still keeping my Micro Boost as I like the way it works with my guitars.

For a good clean boost, try use one of the the Input Boost options on the Amp Block:
https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx...ck#INPUT_BOOST_.2F_BOOST_TYPE_.2F_BOOST_LEVEL

I personally prefer the Micro Boost myself as I like the way it helps my guitars cut through the mix with a little more definition. Having said that, I find the new drives are very, very nice with plenty of headroom. Try the Heartpedal with a very low Drive setting. I'm experimenting with that but still keeping my Micro Boost as I like the way it works with my guitars.

Thanks for the specifics, I used to use the boost in the amp block and found I liked it less than the Null Filter block as a boost. Then I tried the new Micro Boost Drive, which is my favorite of the 3 different approaches I’ve tried thus far...

Hello Guys, I had a big problem with looper.
When I start to record there is a very very loud signal/noise and I risked to destroyed my nearfield.
Stopping the looper, the woofers are completely compressed, like they are under DC voltage! This problem stops when the looper was disabled
@FractalAudio can you check please? This problem occurs in every preset where I insert the looper.
Thank you

When I start to record there is a very very loud signal/noise and I risked to destroyed my nearfield.
Stopping the looper, the woofers are completely compressed, like they are under DC voltage! This problem stops when the looper was disabled
@FractalAudio can you check please? This problem occurs in every preset where I insert the looper.
Thank you

I just tried the Looper and I'm not able to reproduce this.

Thank you
I was using the looper last night and it was not exhibiting this behavior. It was silent on engage as expected.

I'd check to see if it's a corrupt preset. Try a fresh preset, from scratch. If it occurs in a simple, fresh preset, post it so we can take a closer look.

Have ya tried the FET Boost or Preamp? The Preamp has a lot of headroom same with the SDD.

Had some fun today messing with drives into the clean channel of the Shiva. Now I'm trying to decide what will be my top 8 for two drive blocks... Currently:
Drive 1: FET Boost (germanium), FAS Boost, ACB, Pi Fuzz (op-amp)
Drive 2: Ruckus GE, Tone of Kings, Jam Ray, Rat

Impressed as always by the work FAS does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom