Axe-FX II trade for AX8...fair?

axl-fx

Inspired
Hi there,

I have a Axe-FX II mk1 and was considering trading it for a Ax8...
Is this a fair trade? :S Or should some money come from one side?
Just some opinions ...obviously since the III the II's resale has dropped a bit.

If you're looking at reverb they are asking more for used AX8s than they cost new ($1099), and the asking price for a used AXEFX 2 is accordingly inflated. Who knows what they are selling for. Try $150 plus an AX8 for the Mk1

On paper, the II is worth more than the 8. I have both and use the II at home (for convenience) and the 8 for gigs and rehearsals. I personally value the 8 more than the II. I would replace that if it got stolen but probably wouldn't replace the II. The II does seem to sound a little better and has extra features, but that doesn't offset the utility of the 8.

The 8 is great, the II is better. No matter which way you slice it. But the convenience of an all in one unit is undeniable. Live, the II requires a foot controller.
Then again, much more processing power in the II.
I personally think the II is a higher value. But if you are ready to trade, then you must obviously place a higher value on the 8. That answers your question.

I traded my II XL for an AX8. I never used my II XL live. Within a week of getting my AX8 i was using it live. LOVE IT!
I got $350 on top of my II XL trade. Couldn't be happier.

That said the II XL will give you more flexibility since it has more CPU, but I'm a big fan of the all-in-one unit.

Yeah I agree, I had the II for years but never used it for gigging. I got an AX8 right when they came out and have used it ever since.

Reactions: D20
I wouldn't trade my AX8, either.

I actually don't need more CPU. There is a few things I'd like in the AX8, but it doesn't make me unhappy.

Reactions: D20
Back
Top Bottom