Question About Pairing AX8 with Mission Engineering Gemini 2

Thanks, I could use some guidance on creating presets, or I may purchase some as you did. My time allotment for music is not what I wish at this time. It may be easier to use some of Moke's. I appreciate the tips!

One last tip: subscribe to Leon Todd’s YouTube channel. He has so many helpful videos.

Thanks, I could use some guidance on creating presets, or I may purchase some as you did. My time allotment for music is not what I wish at this time. It may be easier to use some of Moke's. I appreciate the tips!

This is a new vid from Leon Todd @2112 . It's great to help add effects to your presets. Subscribe to his Youtube channel as he will be doing more of these. Here you go:

I recommend dialing in your desired tones with sims fully on. The beauty of the Gemini 2 is you can really capture the best of each amp, cab and effect. Search the other threads on this subject. The tone will sound different to you at first but you get used to it. I have now done about 5 gigs with it and it’s incredible how cool this thing sounds. Try some of the presets from Moke and Delaune. These guys know what they’re doing and are great players. When you hear their presets they sound a bit harsh playing at home but at gig level they sound amazing. Use this forum! Amazing knowledge available here.

Awesome!! Yeah I'm learning a ton from you guys. Love that this forum is filled with awesome people with helping hands and minds. Thank you.

Awesome!! Yeah I'm learning a ton from you guys. Love that this forum is filled with awesome people with helping hands and minds. Thank you.

I'm more inspired to play and create new tones and effects than I have been in 30 years because of the guidance the folks on this forum have given. It's a truly exceptional community. There are some really great players and knowledgeable folks who give so much back and that's very cool to be a part of. I'm hoping to start contributing music and knowledge soon. That keeps this thing going.

I'll be sure to pass on anything that I learn from the people here and anything I may learn from my personal experiences. I'm still very new to Fractal but also inspired.

Ok so I tried it with the power amp sim on and yes I like it on. Some reason the harshness that I initially heard turned into a, for lack of a better term. hi-fi sound. Maybe I'm training my ears. Same thing happened when I first bought the Marshall JVM. It was hit or miss for the first couple of months until it blossomed into a deep meaningful relationship. Until Fractal came around and it could sound like my JVM and an entire arsenal of amps I could never afford. Needless to say I'm really loving this AX8 and I'm barely getting my feet wet.

I'm more inspired to play and create new tones and effects than I have been in 30 years because of the guidance the folks on this forum have given. It's a truly exceptional community. There are some really great players and knowledgeable folks who give so much back and that's very cool to be a part of. I'm hoping to start contributing music and knowledge soon. That keeps this thing going.

Curious, Thanks for all the tips and advise! Much appreciated. This is a great community of musicians with everyone helping one another. I too am very inspired since purchasing my ax8. Wish I had more time, but I am making the most of it and enjoying the journey. Again thanks to you and the other generous members.

Curious, I purchased the Austin Buddy Naked Amps pack and previewed some today. I think these presets will work for what I am trying to accomplish with the AX8. I still plan on trying some of the others you recommended, but I wanted to let you know about my experience with Austin Buddy's presets. Take Care!

Curious, I purchased the Austin Buddy Naked Amps pack and previewed some today. I think these presets will work for what I am trying to accomplish with the AX8. I still plan on trying some of the others you recommended, but I wanted to let you know about my experience with Austin Buddy's presets. Take Care!

Awesome. Will definitely help you get some good tones and learn what to tweak, etc. One thing I have found is the commercial presets are great but you may need to make adjustments to suit your playing situation, pick attack, stage volume, etc. Best of luck. Keep in touch.

Back
Top Bottom