Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 9.01 Firmware Release

Release notes? :D
Release notes?

Where we're going, we don't need release notes.

Christopher-Lloyd-Back-To-The-Future-Doc-Brown.png

Release Notes:

Improved Speaker Compression algorithm so that the change in the speaker
impedance is accounted for.

Fixed Learn function in Pitch block not working if modifier attached to Learn
parameter and not in GUI for that block.

My day went like this...

Crap day at work.Security fix for DDE vulnerability breaks Excel for all 1000+ users.
Come home and hurry to install beta 2.
Pack up gear and head to band practice for 2.5 hours
Come home and see 9.x Final is posted.
Crap day isn't so crap after all.

Funny anecdote from band practice. We are starting rehearsals for our Christmas gig. One of the songs in our setlest that we are carrying over for obvious reasons, is Christmas All Over Again by Tom Petty. We quickly go over intro's, breakdowns, etc. and the other guitarist asks me If I'm playing with way more gain than last year. It's the same preset just updated for the latest firmware so I told him it's exactly the same.

Anyway, after we ran the song he's like "Oh i noticed when you played softer, it's almost exactly the same amount of crunch as last year." I looked at my song notes on my sheet and it says "Strat 2 (Bridge Middle), vol 9.5". I usually drop down a hair from full volume on the Strat as it takes a little of the uberbright out of it. Tonight at practice I was playing the song on my ES-339 which has a fair margin of output over and above Strat. He was suitably impressed at how well it behaved like a real amp, where it reacts not just to playing dynamics but also the interaction with guitar control settings and different pickups.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom