• Yes, absolutely!

Votes: 25 71.4%
  • Meh.

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • There are other amps other than Laney that first come to mind

Votes: 8 22.9%

• Total voters

Prorenzo

Laney is a rather well-known amp manufacturer, with endorsees such as the Tony Iommi & Paul Gilbert. Black Sabbath for god's sake!

Why hasn't Fractal created an amp model for any Laney amps? Imo it has such an amazing signature tone with that tight but generous low end, with that high end roar that screams primal.

It is a bit strange that Fractal has created some off-the-path boutique amp models that I've never heard of before, but yet to create Laney amp models.

Are Laney fans that rare? The closest I've come to a Laney tone was using the ENGL Savage and FAS Brootalz amp models. also the What are your thoughts on this?

Laney is a rather well-known amp manufacturer, with endorsees such as the Tony Iommi & Paul Gilbert. Black Sabbath for god's sake!

Why hasn't Fractal created an amp model for any Laney amps? Imo it has such an amazing signature tone with that tight but generous low end, with that high end roar that screams primal.

It is a bit strange that Fractal has created some off-the-path boutique amp models that I've never heard of before, but yet to create Laney amp models.

Are Laney fans that rare? The closest I've come to a Laney tone was using the ENGL Savage and FAS Brootalz amp models. also the What are your thoughts on this?
I wanted these amps as well, but I need them for the AXE FX II

The GH is more or a less a JCM800 so the Brit800 model (or Brit 800 Mod) will get you close, especially if you tweak the advanced parameters section. From memory the Axe Ultra had a model of one of the Laney VC models, which are superb sounding amps!

It's the same with the cabs. IHMO they are quite good. We have shot IRs from a 2x12 Laney Ironheart and were very surprised.

With all due respect to Tony Iommi, I think for many folks, myself included, Laney is a symbolic link in their brain to Marshall. So when I see Laney I think "also Marshall" and every tone I have ever heard from them, you could have said that was a "corresponding model of Marshall" and I'd believe you. I'd much rather have something with more of its own thing happening.

I love Sabbath and Iommi's tone is awesome but it has never made me GAS for a Laney. One of my first patches on the II was a Sabbath tone and it was Marshall Plexi + cab + Treble Booster, reverb, five minutes of fiddling and "Boom".

I'm sure they have some flavor of their own and I'm sure their longevity is well deserved but there are a lot more holes in the FAS library than the Laneys (ADA MP-1, speaking of PG). IMHO.

And what about Rivera amps? These amps deserve to be fractalised isnt it? I have never played or hear one live but in youtube I can get an idea.

Last edited:
The AOR is a killer amp. I own a few, and I've never thought of them as "Marshallesque" at all, especially once that bass boost was pulled. I used to run an AOR100 and a 2203 JCM800 in stereo through a pair of 4x12s. Killer sound on stage, but it could be a FOH nightmare. LOL I wouldn't mind seeing an AOR patch, myself.

Back
Top Bottom