USB DI Audio Question

mortega76

Fractal Fanatic
I recorded a small clip using preset 24 'Freidman BE' with reverb off... the first part of the clip is the 'live' recording (via usb) and the second part is the usb reamp. I then alternated back and forth... At the end you can hear the 'original' noise vs USB noise. You can clearly here the USB adds a lot of 'noise' and thus makes reamping a bit difficult...

I have used both an unshielded and shielded usb (similar to these) cable with the same results...

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Odd. Are you sure nothing was changed in the noise gate settings when you reamped? Is it happening on all presets?

Odd. Are you sure nothing was changed in the noise gate settings when you reamped? Is it happening on all presets?
Thanks for responding... I created a brand new audio project in Sonar X3 and used preset 24 with the reverb turned off. Played and recorded the take and then recorded the DI track without touching the Axe-fx other than to change it to USB. It sounds as if the secret sauce isn't being using somehow because the reamped track sounds like it has more high end.

npx, are you experiencing any issues when reamping?

No, I'm not having noise issues when reamping here. Is it still noisy when you reamp with other presets?

It's a digital transfer so there should be no noise. Something is funny there. Does it happen again, consistently, under various settings and conditions?

have you set your axe input to maximum level with you clipping?
where in the chain do you take your dry track ?

Probably a daft question, but have you tried boosting up the raw track and listening to it solo to hear if there is noise there?
Also, are you inadvertently reamping the audio mix from your machine? By this, I mean that if you play an MP3 in the background (outside your daw) is this being sent to the AFX and getting reamped as well?

Back
Top Bottom