Ownhammer ultrares

Jan Geerts

Experienced
"In accordance with a non-compete agreement with Fractal Audio Systems, the Ultra-Res file format will not be made available by default for this specific library. To obtain already converted Ultra-Res IR's for a section of this collection, please refer to the FAS Producer Cab Pack 3. Ultra-Res files can also be converted manually using the .wav files (when they are updated to longer than 100 ms) in this collection via the FAS Cab Lab Utility."

that's a bummer, having bought the oh modern set last week. I'd gladly fork out another 19 or 29, but 99 is a bit much. Any chance of making a selection of a couple of speakers?
I only use the blue, silver, greenback and scumback of that whole lot

Jan

Same here! I only need 4 cabs of them. I´m using just modern 4x12 cabs. I would buy them but I buy not a big pack for 99$ when I only use 4 of them..

First time I'm disappointed since jumping the fractal train.

Axe FX2, constant free updates (thumbs up!!)
Atomic CLRs, great speakers and support
Matrix, great speakers/poweramps and support

Bought ownhammer modern/vintage (1 month ago) even though I knew ultrares would be released. From the threads I thought this packages would be updated.

Not sure what the issue is. Just convert them with cab lab when Kevin at OH updates the wave files & the updated cab lab is available within the next few days.

That's a great idea; amount of work involved in converting 4 types should be minimal...a 20 buck solution to a 100 dollar problem (more than 2 beers...:) )

First time I'm disappointed since jumping the fractal train.

Axe FX2, constant free updates (thumbs up!!)
Atomic CLRs, great speakers and support
Matrix, great speakers/poweramps and support

Bought ownhammer modern/vintage (1 month ago) even though I knew ultrares would be released. From the threads I thought this packages would be updated.

It will be. Kevin is going to graciously update his packages with the longer .Wav files for those who have purchased them already and FAS is modifying Cab Lab to accommodate us that are willing to spend the time to manually convert them. If that's not acceptable then they will convert them for you for $99. Lot's of options...

But I am with you. After receiving dozens upon dozens of free updates that have upgraded my Axe II far beyond what I originally bought I just find it outrageous that these guys want to charge me an astronomical $20 to purchase a tool to convert my previously bought IR's from another company.

The HORROR!

Last edited:
Ahh sorry about that. I have cablab
Didn't know that the wave files would be updated, then it's alright

You don't need to be that sarcastic

Just curious. S'pose I already own all the Ownhammers but the bank/wife took away my credit card, so I can't spend that extra 20 bucks on CabLab. S'pose my buddy just bought cab pack 3 and CabLab from Fractal. Can't I just ask my buddy to send me copies of all the UltraRes versions of these IRs I already paid Kevin for? Is that illegal?

Nothing to be sorry about. It's all good and just my sick sense of humor. I do though find all the griping on the forum today about needing to purchase Cab Lab if you want to convert a bit silly considering all the freebies we enjoy on almost a weekly basis.

Ahh sorry about that. I have cablab
Didn't know that the wave files would be updated, then it's alright

You don't need to be that sarcastic

Sorry, just reacting to complaints about dropping a measily 20 bucks on a packaged solution, which also provides much more in terms of mixing favorite IRs.

It's the interwebs...sarcasm abounds! Better find that thick skin somewhere...

Just curious. S'pose I already own all the Ownhammers but the bank/wife took away my credit card, so I can't spend that extra 20 bucks on CabLab. S'pose my buddy just bought cab pack 3 and CabLab from Fractal. Can't I just ask my buddy to send me copies of all the UltraRes versions of these IRs I already paid Kevin for? Is that illegal?

Sounds illegal to me.

As long as the new CabLab can do batch processing, I'm fine spending $20.

What I didn't want to do was spend $20 and then spend a few hours converting hundreds of IR's that I just bought last month, but I didn't want to spend $99 to rebuy everything I just got.

As long as I can just download the longer IR's from Kevin, and then just batch convert them and have ultra rez, I'd say that sounds like a no brainer as far as how to get the most bang for the buck from a $20

Back
Top Bottom